Wikimedia Chile, is a non-profit organization under the Chilean law (es: Corporación de Derecho Privado, sin fines de lucro), local chapter of Wikimedia in Chile. It was recognized by the Board of Trustees of the Wikimedia Foundation on June 13, 2011 and its Constituent Assembly was held on July 16, 2011. Wikimedia Chile was recognized by local authorities, granting legal personality, by means of the Exempt Decree 4426, conceded by an order of the President of the Republic, on September 12, 2012, and promulgated by the Justice Ministry of Chile. It was published in the Official Gazzette on September 28, 2012, date when the chapter started its activity for legal purposes.
Wikimedia Chile has as its mission to spreed and promote all the Wikimedia Foundation projects on the Chilean jurisdiction, and give support to the communities participating in those projects, organizing activities and encouraging the dissemination of free contents and wikiculture through projects and activities.
For more detailed and updated information on Wikimedia Chile's activities, you can visit its wiki: http://www.wikimediachile.cl
- Website: http://wwww.wikimediachile.cl
- Blog: http://blog.wikimediachile.cl
- E-mail: contactowikimedichile.cl
- Mailing lists: Announces and discussion mailing list - Private mailing list for members
- Twitter: wikimedia_cl
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/WikimediaCL
- Bylaws: Spanish - English
- Official reports for members and local authorities: 2011-2012 - 2012
- Reports: Reports in meta
- Corporación Wikimedia Chile
- Avenida Nueva Providencia 1881, oficina 1910,
- Providencia, Santiago
- ^ : until September 27, 2012 before the recognition by local authorities
- ^ : between September 27 and December 31, 2012.
The current board of Wikimedia Chile was elected in the 1st General Member Assembly on November 17, 2012 y and will be in office until april of 2015.
- President: Eduardo Testart
- Vicepresident: Daniel Bravo
- Secretary: Juan David Ruiz
- Treasurer: Lily Günther
- Board member: Dennis Tobar
- Board member: Marco Correa