Wikimedia Conference 2011/Chapters' Meeting/Survey
From Meta, a Wikimedia project coordination wiki
|Assessment form||++||+||−||‑‑||N/A||Total ||Mean ratings||Satisfaction rate (Change from last year)|
|Overall rating for Wikimedia Conference 2011||32||36||1||69||1,43||99% (-1)|
|Communications before the conference (e-mails, Meta Wiki, availability of information)||38||18||4||60||1,5||93% (+15)|
|Participants\' package & documents||40||26||1||2||69||1,57||99% (+13)|
|Programme & sessions|
|Overall rating for the conference programme (did it meet your expectations/needs)||23||39||7||69||1,13||90% (-5)|
|Consideration of the chapters\' wishes & feedback in the programme||27||26||6||1||10||70||1,2||88% (+5)|
|Facilitation (facilitators, facilitation material)||34||29||4||1||68||1,381||94% (+14)|
|Documentation (preperation for the meeting)||24||37||6||67||1,17||91% (+12)|
|Usefulness of the meeting (contacts, outcomes)||36||30||3||69||1,43||96% (+1)|
|Ratio of presentations / discussions / workgroups||29||28||10||1||2||70||1,09||84% (-14)|
|Around the conference|
|Conference venue (rooms & overall setup)||54||14||1||1||70||1,7||97% (=)|
|Lodging (comfort, cleanliness, overall convenience)||31||21||9||2||6||69||1,11||83% (-5)|
|Food and drink during the conference (availability, quality, convenience)||14||30||15||10||69||0,33||64% (-19)|
|Organized social activities during the conference||26||32||7||1||2||68||1,14||88% (+5)|
|Possibility to discuss informally during breaks & free time||43||25||1||69||1,59||99% (-1)|
|Location of the venue||50||19||69||1,72||100% (+5)|
|Transportation in Berlin (information provided, tickets)||46||18||2||2||68||1,63||97% (+2)|
- There were 89 participants, 70 feedback forms were filled in to varying degrees.
- The mean of the ratings using the following conversion: very satisfied=2, satisfied=1, unsatisfied=-1, very unsatisfied=-2; N/A ratings were not counted.
- The ratio of ratings that are either satisfied or very satisfied. N/A ratings are not counted.
These were the textual comments provided on the back side of the assessment form. Comments touching upon more than one category are only included once.
- Better internet access.
- Also we are used to stable internet
- Also WiFii
- Better broadband.
- Better internet access!
- better WiFi if possible :)
- Better Wifi-Access
- Have wifi access for several dozen users simultaneously.
- I don´t think it will be a surprise but better wifi would be helpful :)
- I'm aware of wireless difficulties, although I wasn't actually affected.
- Improve the Wifi
- Internet must work!
- Wifi: more and better. It's really quite unstable.
- More reliable internet connection.
- More meat :)
- No meat :(
- non-vegetarian food
- About the lunch in the venue! So green! :P
- Better food maybe ;)
- Food – more variety needed (even if vegetarian). This was done very well in 2010.
- Food was interesting, but also plentiful and tasty.
- Food: Meat! Softdrinks, not necessarily free.
- Good with veggie-food!
- I was not convinced by food.
- I would even more emphasize the fact that food choices differ an that not everyone only eat veggies.
- I would prefer to have meat dishes available
- I´d provide real food. We are not vegans.
- Maybe the food?
- non-vegetarian option
- Not only vegetarian food, please!
- Please, think in the people that isn`t vegan (?!)
- Different food services to meet different people needs.
- Host city? LOL
- Not located in Europe. Major investment in time and effor for Asia and NA chapters to attend. *Would be nice to spread this around.
- Social Acticities
- Some small souvenirs concerning the place (city)
- the weather
- This year there was no particular need for transport tickets. Very nice, but maybe a way to save *money (because everything was so nearby)
- Also, a somewhat better map of the town could be useful, although it's really not essential.
- Weather info
- Perhaps you can use a twitter visualizer instead of a non-working wall (don't remember the address now).
- Photos of participants in order to keep in touch.
- We should all make an additional effort to read things like the editor trend study, outreach wiki and so on; arrive more informed and let more time for working groups with an actival outcome. The for preparion and brainstorming. Round tables / circles!
- Seperate discussion & presentation
- More workgroups! Attendees did a lot of reading but not so much session-specific preparation work. 50% of time was spent "catching up" without a clear sense of direction. --> this can be better done (translated...) online/before.
- More time on the chapters state.
- More chapter´s meeting.
- Conference has to become a meeting point for driving decisions on engaging with Wikimedia Foundation and agreeing on Pioneers for WMF. Currently it is more an information sharing and networking event.
- Adding a 3rd parallel sessions would be more useful. Digital feedback forms!
- 45 min sessions with us praticipants expecting discussion outcome is not realistic. Either have smaller groups or longer sessions.
- I would organize the discussions in an O oder U shaped seating formation instead of an auditorium. Unconference techniques, especially Open Fishbowl should also be considered.
- More presentations / teaching of key experiences + "featured projects"
- I would introduce WMF Board & WMF Staff to the general audience at the beginning. 2) I would make a space for cultures to introduce themselves with a song (?), a dance (?)
- More focus on answering the questions at hand; Stronger moderation; How can we let small chapters involve better?; Another city!
- Meetings should outline the objectives and the expected outcomes so as to give direction. * *Coordination is great, it was just difficult to squeeze all agenda in a short period of time
- More smaller-sized discussions and workgroups instead of (semi-) plenary meetings/presentations. *This would provide more focussed discussions that may lead to actual follow-up.
- I´d extend time for workshops. I ´d limit intervention by WMF staff in chapters deliberatly.
- Less people per room at the hostel.
- I would respect the fact that some people need private space at the hostel. It would be nice if these issues could be addressed.
- NON WMF Guest were making so much noise during the night --> no sleep :( Please consider designated hostel or at least floor(s) - Weather? :) More Beanbags!!!)
- WMF staff living in the same ho(s)tel as other participants
- Avoid splitting ppl btw 2 hotel or at least don't segregate staff vs. Chapters.
- Would love to see representatives of seven continents next year.
- more fluent facilitator
- Facilitators should know more about internals of the movement (i.e. community member should assume that rule).
- More visualization… Clone Annalena. Humor :)
- Stronger moderation;
- Visual documentation is great.
- Visualization poster were great (Anna Lena).
- The visual documentation thing was really great!
- Very positive experience , excellent facilitators who helped discussions along; friendly staff / volunteers from WMDE; you always put in the extra effor and it is appreciated.
- All was good
- Everything else was actually okay to great.
- Thank you for all for the work that did this conference possible!
- Thank you very much! WMDE and WMF
- Thank you, WMDE! You are an inspiration to all of us.
- Thanks for the invitation and organization, the venue was wonderful and the venue too!
- Thanks for the wonderful meeting!
- Thanks once again to WMDE + volunteers for wonderful organization.
- You guys rock! Danke!
- You guys rock!!! Amazing Job you´ve done
- Have Wikimedia Deutschland organize it.
- Anyway, congratulations to everyone involved, again, WMPT has had a great time.
- Great job Wikimedia Deutschland! Your are our heroes!
- Thank you!
- Thank you, Bence, a young entrepeneur.
- Thanks for you disposition all the time. You were amazing!
- The number of mics was very nice. Thank you!
- Venue, hostel, availability of food/tea/sweets was PERFECT. Not everything was very useful, but it's all right.
- Very happy with hospitality. Nice to see the cooperation of chapters organizing this event. Hopefully another chapter can take the lead for organizing the next year's event.
- You were great! I enjoyed it and hope to meet you all soon.
- You're doing a wonderful job. Thank you so much and more power to WM Deutschland!