Wikimedia chapters/Reports/Wikimedia España/2011-07-09
From Meta, a Wikimedia project coordination wiki
This is the chapter report of Wikimedia España for the months of July, August and September 2011.
- 02.07.2011: Workshop about Wikipedia and Wikimedia at Ciberia LAN Party. Segorbe, Castellón.
- 08.07.2011: Participation at presentation of "The Power of Open" with Joi Ito. Madrid.
- 15.07.2011: Workshop about Wikipedia and Wikimedia at Campus Party. Valencia.
- 16-18.07.2011: Board meeting in Miraflores de la Sierra (Madrid).
- 24.07.2011: Workshop about Wikipedia and Wikimedia at AIS LAN Party. Silla.
- 01-31.08.2011: Throughout the whole month, preparations for Wiki Loves Monuments in Spain took place almost daily. Only significant details will be highlighted here.
- 03-07.08.2011: Participation in Wikimania 2011. Haifa.
- 15.08.2011: Interview in radio program "La Rosa de los Vientos" - Onda Cero. 
- 16.08.2011: Placed order for 20 WLM t-shirts to WLM-eu.
- 21.08.2011: Asked for a 310€ grant from WLM-eu budget to finance prizes of Wiki Loves Monuments contest in Spain. Received it four days later.
- 25.08.2011: Received official notification from FICOD: Wikimedia España has been selected as content collaborator for FICOD 2011.
- 31.08.2011: Official press release of Wiki Loves Monuments contest in Spain distributed to 1000+ media contacts. Press mentions
- 31.08.2011: Events created in Facebook and Tuenti for Wiki Loves Monuments contest in Spain. 618 people contacted in total the first day, 80 confirming participation.
- 31.08.2011: Main prizes of Wiki Loves Monuments in Spain bought.
- 01.09.2011: Start of Wiki Loves Monuments Contest (http://wikilm.es). It will last all month.
- 01.09.2011: Interview in Onda Cero Seville radio about Wikipedia and Wiki Loves Monuments contest in Spain.
- 01.09.2011: Fundación Telefónica releases data on WikiEducared event, in which Wikimedia España participated along with other Iberocoop members. Release PDF file (Spanish)
- 05.09.2011: Documentation for FICOD 2011 sent, notification of reception received.
- 05.09.2011: Interview in "El Faro de Vigo" (newspaper) to Wikimedia España's Chair. 
- 07.09.2011: Created Announcements-l. Public mailing list of announcements.
- 08.09.2011: Received T-shirt order for Wiki Loves Monuments contest.
- 20.09.2011: Interview in Radio León about Wikipedia, Wikimedia and Wikiproject León. 
- 21.09.2011: Wikimedia España, official partner of "Share Your African Knowledge: European cultural institutions share their African knowledge on Wikipedia", also known as WikiAfrica. 
- 23.09.2011: Participation of the Secretary of WMES in TV debate titled "Wikipedia vs Encyclopedia", in TV program "Para todos La 2" in channel La 2 (RTVE) -Spanish public television-. 
- 29.09.2011: Meeting between Wikimedia España and the local community of Mozilla Firefox. Valladolid. 
- 30.09.2011: End of Wiki Loves Monuments in Europe and Spain. Provisional stats: 168,555 pics submitted for the European contest, of which 17,167 are from Spanish monuments submitted via WMES contest (10.18%). Wikilm.es website stats: Between 4,000-6,000 unique visitors per day every day. Web stats 15-30 September: 83927 visitors. Since September 8: 102,456 Visits, 214,965 Pageviews, 168,679 Unique Pageviews, 94,833 people visited this site, 2.10 Pages/Visit, 00:01:10 Avg Time on Site, 62.96% Bounce Rate, 92.29% % New Visits, 92.37% New Visitor, 7.63% Returning Visitor. Top ten cities: 1. Madrid, 2. Barcelona, 3. Valencia, 4. Sevilla, 5. Málaga, 6. Zaragoza, 7. Bilbao, 8. Granada, 9. La Coruña, 10. Alicante.