|This page is currently a draft. More information pertaining to this may be available on the talk page.|
Wikipedia as it stands is a great source of in depth information about notable topics. But the project is missing allot of 'human knowledge' and other information. The essential information to life, especial in the modern age, or maybe just those things that aren't quite notable enough to be on Wikipedia. The point is "to collect and develop educational content", to provide all the perfectly valid information Wikipedia can't provide because it doesn't meet a one or two of the stricter guidelines.
- Essentialpedia - Suggesting essential content and day to day use.
- Wikissentials - Suggesting essential content and day to day use.
- Usefulpedia - A name expressing that the content of the site is all useful, although this may seem to suggest that other wikis content is not usefull..
- Infowiki - From WikiGuide
- DaytodayWiki - As the wiki would contain many answers to day to day questions and other trivial things.
- WikiSense - Relating to common sense
Previous Similar Proposals
Below is a list of old proposals that could fit under the umbrella of this proposed project.
- WikiFix - OCT 2010 - This is essentially the same as WikiGuide but tried to limit the scope of the proposal even further.
- Wikihelps - OCT 2010 - Wikihelps suggested a wiki focusing on helping people use Mediawiki and specific Wikis by having general help topics and how to guides.
- WikiGuide - MAR 2010 - Again WikiGuide focused on the "not-so-encyclopedic" stuff. I imagine again this focusses on HOWTO guides.
- Essentialpedia - OCT 2008 - Similar as the proposal would try to focus on more essential information that cannot be included on Wikipedia due to various guidelines.
Related Projects / Problems
- Wikibooks/versity are for more structured, categorized and specialised materials
- This project specifically says NO to "Howto" sections in articles.
As per the proposed names above.