|MediaWiki Handbook: Contents, Readers, Editors, Moderators, System admins, Researchers +/-|
- توجه: نام "MediaWiki" معمولا با اسامی مشابه دیگری اشتباه میشود; لطفا ببینید واژهنامه برای توضیح این مسئله.
MediaWiki is wiki software, released under the GPL, that is used by Wikimedia projects and others. It is an implementation of a wiki, a content pool that anyone can freely edit. It is developed using Phabricator, our instance of Phacility phabricator.
MediaWiki 1.29.2 is the latest stable version, and is recommended for third-party users. Those running their own servers should upgrade for security reasons. Special:Version shows what version a site is running. You can play around in the local Sandbox to see this version in action.
Technical developers section
- MediaWiki features
- Installation and configuration
- MediaWiki Tutorial with screenshots: how to install and configure Mediawiki, how to change skins; how to add extensions
At the moment there is a current version maintained for at least one year after its release date, and the last legacy version still getting security fixes. Older versions are considered as insecure. As of April 2016 there are four supported versions:
- The future version 1.27 (used as 1.27wmf on MediaWiki projects)
- The stable version 1.26 supported until November 2016
- The legacy version 1.25 supported until June 2016
- The old LTS version 1.23 supported until May 2017
- The new LTS version will be 1.27 (2016 until 2019)
To create your own dump of a local MediaWiki site, you can use the dumpBackup.php script found in the maintenance directory of your MediaWiki installation tree.
An example invocation to a full backup might look like:
php maintenance/dumpBackup.php --full > full.xml
Command line options for dumpBackup.php are explained by running it with no parameters, i.e.
However, there are some extra undocumented options in its source code.