1Lib1Ref 2022 Kwara
For the past six years, the Wikipedia Library Team and Wikimedia Affiliates around the world have been carefully and proactively working to actualize the vision of "Imagining a World where Every Librarian Added One More Reference to Wikipedia" and the #1Lib1Ref2022Kwara is part of the global #1Lib1Ref editing campaign organized for librarians, archivists, information managers, information scientists, Bibliophiles and researchers to make Wikipedia more credible and reliable, by adding one citation at a time! "Verifiability" is one of the core content policies of Wikipedia and that’s what the 1Lib1Ref campaign focuses on. It helps direct the world to free, yet verifiable and reliable information, which clearly aligns with the skills and values of information professionals (librarians, archivists, information managers, information scientists, and researchers) to promote open access and open knowledge with billions of readers across the globe.
Want to get involved? follow these simple steps and make Wikipedia more reliable.
please note: This campaign runs from 30th January to 28th February 2022.
How to participate
Enroll on the 1Lib1Ref2022Kwara Outreach Dashboard to track your contributions.
Sign up in the participants section on this page.
Tools and Suggested Articles
1. Create awareness for 1Lib1Ref among librarians, archivists, information managers, information scientists, Bibliophiles and researchers in Kwara and on social media.
2. Teach participants how to access and create a Wikipedia account.
3. Expose Participants to Wikipedia.
4. Teach Participants how to added citations to Wikipedia articles.
5. Create and or improve 100 articles on Wikipedia by adding atleast a reference to an article section.
6. Host Two online trainings.
One of the most important things about participating in the #1Lib1Ref campaign is to add the hashtag (#1Lib1ref) in the edit summary of the article. To ensure we separately track participation from Kwara Participants we will be using in addition to the standard #1Lib1ref tag, the#1Lib1Ref2022Kwara tag. It is extremely important to use both tags, so that we can track the results and so that each reference entered is recorded in the Wikimedia hashtags tool.
List of Participants
To participate you need to sign up on the participants section and join the event dashboard to track your contributions.
To add your name, edit this section and type '
#~~~' below without quotes.
- Linason Blessing (talk)
- Bukky658 (talk) 14:31, 29 January 2022 (UTC)
- Inyor4mr (talk) 19:58, 29 January 2022 (UTC)
- LovelyChizzy (talk) 9:03, 29 January 2022 (UTC)
- James Rhoda (talk) 14:32, 30 January 2022 (UTC)
- Ridzaina (talk) 15:08, 30 January 2022 (UTC)
- Kojodavid (talk) 19:07, 30 January 2022 (UTC)
- JadePhenom (talk) 19:11, 30 January 2022 (UTC)
- Semmy1960 (talk)
- Inyor4mr (talk) 08:24, 1 February 2022
- Oladimeji081 (talk) 11:28, 10 February 2022 (UTC)
- Mijesty (talk)
- Iyiola07 (talk)