Community Wishlist Survey 2017/Archive/Render external links in edit summaries
The survey has concluded. Here are the results!
- Problem: When an external link such as [https://www.google.com/ Google] is used in an edit summary, it renders as plain text instead of showing a link.
- Who would benefit: Users who would like to make it easier to visit links.
- Proposed solution: Make the external link syntax in wikitext also work in edit summaries as well.
- More comments:
- Phabricator tickets: T16892
- This would probably make spam fighting harder though.. —TheDJ (talk • contribs) 14:07, 18 November 2017 (UTC)
- You may be interested in w:User:Lenore/autolink. — JJMC89 (T·C) 06:24, 19 November 2017 (UTC)
Hi GeoffreyT2000: Unfortunately, there are spam and security risks involved in this idea -- somebody could put a malicious external link in an edit summary, and only oversighters are allowed to suppress other people's edit summaries. I'm going to archive this, thanks for participating in the survey. -- DannyH (WMF) (talk) 19:43, 20 November 2017 (UTC)