2017 Community Wishlist Survey/Archive/Delete the 10000 articles every Wikipedia should have from the 10 largest language editions of Wikipedia
< 2017 Community Wishlist Survey | Archive(Redirected from 2017 Community Wishlist Survey/Editing/Delete the 10000 articles every Wikipedia should have from the 10 largest language editions of Wikipedia)
The survey has concluded. Here are the results!
- Problem: As an incentive to new authors, authors are notified, if their created article is linked from another article. But all the important articles, that are likely to get linked have been written years ago. These high value articles are also protected/guarded by old contributers against any change that is not liked by these valued authors. While being important articles, they often contain material, that by todays standards would not be included in an article.
- Who would benefit: Everyone wanting to read high class articles.
- Proposed solution: Delete all the articles from the list of 10000 articles, that all Wikipedias should have in the 10 largest Wikipedia editons.
- More comments: These articles have all been havily reused on other websites, so nothing will be lost. The new created articles will be free of historic ballast and make way for a better Wikipedia.
- Phabricator tickets:
- Proposer: 22.214.171.124 09:07, 14 November 2017 (UTC)
- This should be declined. --Izno (talk) 13:53, 14 November 2017 (UTC)
- IMO an out of scope proposal (about wiki content which is maintained by communities, not about anything technology/software related), hence this proposal is very likely to be ignored. --AKlapper (WMF) (talk) 17:05, 14 November 2017 (UTC)