Community Wishlist Survey 2017/Multimedia and Commons/Provide file uploading facility
- Problem: Today Upload Wizard is providing file by file selection and bulk uploading facility only. It takes much more time and if any interruptions such as power loss, connectivity loss etc. occurred while uploading, all efforts went in vain.
- Who would benefit:
- Proposed solution: Provide file uploading facility like Pattypan.
- More comments:
- Translations: none yet
UploadWizard lets you select multiple files at once and I think it does as much as it can for parallel uploading. If you can’t select multiple files at once, it’s most likely a browser- or OS-related issue and should be considered as a bug. You can open a task for it on Phabricator or report it on its feedback page on Commons. I don’t know what Pattypan is, could you explain it or provide a link? —Tacsipacsi (talk) 14:09, 11 November 2017 (UTC)
- Probably c:Commons:Pattypan. In which case the answer is probably "Pattypan already exists". Anomie (talk) 16:33, 13 November 2017 (UTC)
- @Shagil Kannur: Would you prefer for this be implemented as an improvement to Upload Wizard or as a stand-alone application? Ryan Kaldari (WMF) (talk) 22:43, 20 November 2017 (UTC)
- Support --Liuxinyu970226 (talk) 13:17, 28 November 2017 (UTC)
- Support Thomas Obermair 4 (talk) 23:02, 28 November 2017 (UTC)
- Support Especially on Mobile 📱 this is needed. Donald Trung (Talk 🤳🏻) (My global lock 🔒) (My global unlock 🔓) 10:54, 29 November 2017 (UTC)
- Support Dromedar61 (talk) 21:28, 30 November 2017 (UTC)
- Support ديفيد عادل وهبة خليل 2 (talk) 15:49, 2 December 2017 (UTC)
- Support Talmoryair (talk) 17:00, 3 December 2017 (UTC)