2017 Community Wishlist Survey/Reading/Find a solution for the conflict between bulleted/numbered list and floating object
The survey has concluded. Here are the results!
- Problem: A known CSS problem. If an image (or another floating object) is inserted left from the bulleted/numbered list, the indentation is screwed. The bullets/numbers are pushed out before the text block, too close to the image (floating object).
- Who would benefit: Every reader.
- Proposed solution: At least find a better workaround than the below mentioned template.
- More comments: The English Wikipedia created en:Template:Flowlist which can be used to circumvent the problem, but the solution is far from ideal, because it has unwanted side effects, especially for the longer lists.
- Phabricator tickets: T13782?
- Translations: none yet
- I've looked at this problem a few times (and contributed in the discussion that came up with the flowlist template), and it doesn't seem like HTML/CSS has a way to fix this. There's list-style-position inside, but that would significantly change rendering of multiline items, in undesirable ways. But always good to have another set of eyes double check that. —TheDJ (talk • contribs) 15:49, 29 November 2017 (UTC)
- Support Tgr (talk) 07:53, 28 November 2017 (UTC)
- Support --Liuxinyu970226 (talk) 13:23, 28 November 2017 (UTC)
- Support Thomas Obermair 4 (talk) 23:05, 28 November 2017 (UTC)
- Support PKM (talk) 05:37, 29 November 2017 (UTC)
- Support Donald Trung (Talk 🤳🏻) (My global lock 🔒) (My global unlock 🔓) 11:24, 29 November 2017 (UTC)
- Support Force Radical (talk) 06:52, 30 November 2017 (UTC)
- Support Danii.3 (talk) 13:06, 30 November 2017 (UTC)
- Oppose What's wrong with just putting all the media on the right? It looks better anyway and is more readable. Daniel Case (talk) 03:26, 1 December 2017 (UTC)
- Support Ynhockey (talk) 16:51, 1 December 2017 (UTC)
- Support WhatamIdoing (talk) 19:40, 1 December 2017 (UTC)
- Support JAn Dudík (talk) 22:00, 4 December 2017 (UTC)
- Support enL3X1 ¡‹delayed reaction›¡ 16:50, 6 December 2017 (UTC)
- Support Jack who built the house (talk) 22:45, 10 December 2017 (UTC)