Association of Inclusionist Wikipedians
— Check out the WikiProject Inclusion page! —
The motto of the Association of Inclusionist Wikipedians is Conservata veritate, which translates to, "with truth preserved." This motto reflects a desire to change Wikipedia only when no knowledge would be lost as a result.
There is now a place where inclusionist Wikipedians can voice their opinions and further our agenda of building the world's largest and most complete professional encyclopedia.
This association is established and based on the idea that Wikipedia is not paper: Wikipedia is not a paper encyclopedia, and thus has few size limits. Because Wikipedia is not on paper, it can include organized and structured links, can be more timely, etc. It also means that the style and length of writing appropriate for paper is not necessarily appropriate here.
Membership is open to everyone. To discuss inclusionism, please do so freely on the talk page.
To join this association simply copy and paste:
to your user page.
- To continuously improve Wikipedia and make it the most comprehensive source of reliable encyclopedic information available on the planet.
- Support Wikipedia's premise to be comprised of the sum of all human knowledge, freely accessible to all humans, written with as much NPOV as possible.
- Never use personal attacks, it's topics we discuss here, not individual users! When an article is deleted/merged or threatened with deletion/merging, it can cause the creator to call the one who deleted it names. But we as an association shall only discuss over issues, and not attacking people and calling them names.
How to join and list of members
List of members
- Wikimedia.org: List of Inclusionist Wikipedians
- Old Wikimedia list of members
- English Wikipedia: Category of Inclusionist Wikipedians
- Russian Wikipedia: List of ‘Judicious Inclusionism’ project members
Arguments against article deletion
More Association of Inclusionists pages
- Association of Inclusionist Wikipedians - Arguments
- Association of Inclusionist Wikipedians - Quotes
- Association of Inclusionist Wikipedians - Subgroups
Hello everybody! I'm a freshman inclusionist but i'd like to submit my proposal for a new inclusionist logo. I have created nine other logo proposal for nine different association. Hope the one I made for us meet your taste :) --Bruce The Deus (talk) 16:33, 28 May 2016 (UTC)
- English-language Wikipedia - Article Rescue Squadron
- Facebook Wikipedia Inclusionists - Join the Facebook group
In languages other than English
- Finland Association of Inclusionist Wikipedians - the AIW language division for Wikimedia projects in Finnish
- Russian Project Judicious Inclusionism - the AIW language division for Wikimedia projects in Russian
- en:User:Emijrp/All human knowledge
- Deletionism and inclusionism in Wikipedia
- Don't be an ostrich - cite reliable sources and assert significance and notability to avoid new article deletion
- The Heymann Standard - describes how an article can be improved sufficiently to be kept during an AfD process
- Overzealous deletion - a comprehensive essay
- Wikipedia: The Missing Manual - Creating, Editing and Maintaining Articles
- An alternative to argument over deletion
Other Wikipedian associations
- Anonymous User Protection Squad (AUPS)
- Association of Deletionist Wikipedians
- Association of Mergist Wikipedians
- Other Wikipedian associations