- This is part of the development plan for Abstract Wikipedia.
- Continues from name of the wiki of functions.
The project has ambitious primary and a whole set of secondary goals.
- Allowing more people to read more content in the language they choose.
- Allowing more people to contribute content for more readers, and thus increasing the reach of underrepresented contributors.
- Reusable and well-tested natural language generation.
- Allowing other Wikimedia communities and external parties to create content in more languages.
- Improving communication and knowledge accessibility well beyond the Wikipedia projects.
- Develop a novel, much more comprehensive approach to knowledge representation.
- Develop a novel approach to represent the result of natural language understanding.
- A library of functions.
- Allowing the development and sharing of functions in the user’s native languages, instead of requiring them to learn English first.
- Allowing everyone to share in functions and to run them.
- Introducing a new form of knowledge asset for a Wikimedia project to manage.
- Introducing novel components to Wikipedia and other Wikimedia projects that allow for interactive features.
- Create functions working on top of Wikidata’s knowledge base, thus adding inference to increase the coverage of Wikidata data considerably.
- Catalyzing research and development in democratizing coding interfaces.
- Enabling scientists and analysts to share and work on models collaboratively.
- Share specifications and tests for functions.
- The possibility to refer to semantics of functions through well-defined identifiers.
- Faster development of new programming languages due to accessing a wider standard library (or repository) of functions in a new dedicated wiki.
- Defining algorithm and approaches for standards and technique descriptions.
- Providing access to powerful functions to be integrated in novel machine learning systems.
The list is not exhaustive.
- Continued in Development organization.