Jump to navigation Jump to search
|◀||Abstract Wikipedia Updates||▶|
|Notes, drafts, discussions|
|Examples & mockups|
Updates on the progress of the Abstract Wikipedia project:
- 2013 – 2020: Early project discussion, research, and proposal
- 2020-05-22: Project approved by a Wikimedia Foundation Resolution
- 2020-07-02: Public announcement of the project; development begins on Extension:WikiLambda; mailing list and other channels created and in-depth discussions increase
- 2020-09-15 – 2020-12-22: Wiki of functions naming contest; followed by a logo contest
- 2020-09-30: Which path we are going to take
- 2020-10-07: Functions are a form of knowledge; functions answer questions
- 2020-10-14: Naming contest; Outreachy program; initial development of ZObjects; developing for the Semantic Web
- 2020-10-22: Labels, documentation, short descriptions for objects
- 2020-10-29: Happy Birthday, Wikidata!
- 2020-11-05: Starting the second round of the naming contest
- 2020-11-10: Objects
- 2020-11-17: Naming contest results
- 2020-11-25: Reserved ZIDs
- 2020-12-02: Welcome, Genoveva!
- 2020-12-09: Open Source: the Outreachy program and Abstract Wikipedia
- 2020-12-18: Newsletter takes a break
- 2021-01-07: Welcome, Cory!
- 2021-01-15: Looking for logo proposals
- 2021-01-21: A pre-generic function model
- 2021-01-28: Community contributions to development
- 2021-02-04: Phase β completed
- 2021-02-10: Two prototype tools to visualize lexicographic coverage in Wikidata
- 2021-02-18: A test suite for evaluation engines (and other updates)
- 2021-02-25: Logo concept voting will start on Monday
- 2021-03-03: Focus languages for improvements to the lexicographic extension of Wikidata and Abstract Wikipedia
- 2021-03-10: Vue.js and Abstract Wikipedia
- 2021-03-17: Logo concept voting closes, and 30 Lexic-o-days opens
- 2021-03-25: Outreachy intern analysis of Scribunto modules across wikis
- 2021-04-02: Phase γ completed
- 2021-04-08: A mission statement for Wikifunctions
- 2021-04-15: Selection of focus languages
- 2021-04-21: Welcome, Aishwarya and Carolyn!
- 2021-04-29: Lexicographical coverage, a first function call evaluated, and more
- 2021-05-06: The missing link from Abstract Wikipedia to Lexicographic data in Wikidata
- 2021-05-11: Phase δ completed
- 2021-05-28: What Wikifunctions is not
- 2021-06-04: Office hour, videos, meeting opportunities, and a podcast
- 2021-06-17: Why allow several implementations of a function?
- 2021-06-24: Invitation to the Grammatical Framework Summer School
- 2021-06-30: Phase ε completed
- 2021-07-16: Welcome Max Binder! - and we’re hiring!
- 2021-07-22: Boolean logic in Wikilambda
- 2021-07-29: Abstract descriptions for Wikidata
- 2021-08-13: Testers and Wikimania
- 2021-08-20: Wikimania and GF Summer School debrief
- 2021-08-27: Phase ζ completed
- 2021-09-03: Generating text with Ninai and Udiron
- 2021-09-10: Morphological paradigms
- 2021-09-17: Lexemes and paradigms
- 2021-09-24: User research reports and lessons learned
- 2021-09-30: Thank you, Lindsay!
- 2021-10-08: Welcome, Cai and Adesoji!
- 2021-10-22: Inclusion and diversity despite mathematics
- 2021-10-27: We have a logo for Wikifunctions
- 2021-11-04: Welcome, David! - and a request for help testing designs
- 2021-11-18: Welcome, Julia!
- 2021-11-22: What license should we use?
- 2021-12-02: Restructuring the licensing discussion; Design update; Logo assets
- 2021-12-09: Diversity and Equity and Wikifunctions
- 2021-12-16: Proposed summary of the licensing discussion. Welcome, Mariya! Office hour on Monday at 19:00 UTC
- 2021-12-21: Licensing decision, and closing the year
- 2022-01-13: Update on phase η
- 2022-01-21: Welcome, Luca!
- 2022-01-28: How do we represent functions?
- 2022-02-04: What's up with the lambda?
- 2022-02-11: View function designs and launch plan requirements
- 2022-03-04: Update on the ongoing development phase; Designs for view function upcoming; Update on tests and smoke testing
- 2022-03-14: What's in a name?
- 2022-03-25: Designing Wikifunctions, brick by brick (direct link)
- 2022-04-01: Typed lists are looong
- 2022-04-08: Phase η completed
- 2022-04-12: Welcome, Google.org Fellows!
- 2022-04-20: Welcome, Josh! And we are hiring a Product Manager
- 2022-04-28: Requirements for code in Wikifunctions
- 2022-05-05: How can we make functions popular?
- 2022-05-20: Abstract Wikipedia Team's first off-site
- 2022-05-27: A proposal for the NLG architecture
- 2022-06-07: Model articles
- 2022-06-10: Recommendations for Wikifunctions
- 2022-06-21: Manually-written articles
- 2022-06-30: Thank you, Aishwarya! And we are hiring
- 2022-07-12: Welcome, Amin! Cory in residency
- 2022-07-15: The potential of Abstract Wikipedia
- 2022-07-20: Welcome, Rebecca and Elena! Welcome to the second round of Google.org fellows!
- 2022-07-29: Benjamin arrays
- 2022-08-05: Launch plan and representing functions
- 2022-08-09: Wikifunctions Beta
- 2022-08-19: Template language draft and Wikimania 2022
- 2022-09-23: The State of Abstract Wikipedia Natural Language Generation (direct link)
- 2022-09-27: Staff contributions to Wikifunctions
- 2022-09-30: Cory in residency in İstanbul - closing parenthesis
- 2022-10-05: Catching up
- 2022-10-14: Welcome, Stef!
- 2022-10-20: A demo video of Wikifunctions Beta
- 2022-10-27: Thank you, fellows!
- 2022-11-04: One Ring, or a thousand flowers?
- 2022-11-09: Checking lexical forms
- 2022-11-17: Code of Conduct for Wikifunctions
- 2022-11-23: Meet Ori Livneh, Google.org Fellow / Returning Wikipedian (direct link)
- 2022-12-02: Monthly public NLG meetings