Affiliate-selected Board seats/2019/Nominations/Kayode Yussuf
- Kayode Yussuf
Questions for all candidates - Questions for this individual candidate that do not apply to other candidates
The Wikimedia Foundation is in an important phase, charting a course for the future. At this point, the Foundation needs people who are mission driven, result oriented and have diverse skilled-set to guide its path. At this point, the board need to focus on community development, advocacy for volunteers on the field and support for smaller communities.
I am an IT Security expert with interest in corporate security policies, data protection, privacy and safety. I currently work as CEO in Securepoint Technologies Ltd and I have some stake in Greenville Organic Foods, Gallereno Works Ltd and Hikrz Travels and Tours all based in Nigeria. I studied Electronics Computer Engineering at the Lagos State University, Epe Lagos Nigeria. I have professional, Wikimedian and Open-Culture experience. I am co-founder of the Usergroup in Nigeria, I serve as country representative for Creative Commons Nigeria and most recently, I am leading the #1Lib1Ref team in Nigeria and I am also joining the team planning the Usergroup WikiBlind, to support visually impaired people to access Wikipedia. Some of my activities are listed below:
- I am currently in charge of revamping the corporate governance of the board of Wikimedia Usergroup Nigeria.
- I am Co-founder of the User Group Nigeria and I have contributed to the growth of the community. I am also involved with supporting a couple of Usergroups in the African space.
- I serve as Communications Lead for the Wikimedia Usergroup Nigeria.
- I am Communications lead for the Wiki Indaba 2019.
- Africa arising. While my representation on the board of trustees is not to push an African agenda, I believe my presence on the board will give more attention to African projects and communities.
Other Non-Profit Engagements
- I currently serve as Country Representative for Creative Commons Nigeria.
- I also serve as Finance Manager for Toastmasters International District 94 where I manage an $100,000 fund for 16 countries across West Africa. I hold this position till June 2019
I am eligible to participate in this election, I am eligible to hold this position and I am happy to serve.
Igbo Wikimedians UG
Igbo Wikimedians UG endorsement
We strongly endorse the candidacy of Kayode Yusuf from Wikimedia Nigeria.
Our endorsement is based on his achievements in Wikimedia Nigeria and beyond. We trust he will protect the interest of affiliates as a board member. --Uzoma 08:17, 29 April 2019 (UTC) on behalf of Igbo Wikimedians UG
Wikimedia User Group Nigeria
- Endorsement from Wikimedia User Group Nigeria:
Following an extensive discussion within our community, we are pleased to endorse Kayode Yussuf as a candidate for the affiliate selected trustee position at WMF board.
On behalf of Wikimedia User Group Nigeria T CellsTalk 08:04, 29 April 2019 (UTC)