Affiliations Committee/Resolutions/Recognition Wikimedia Tool Developers Group
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Recognizing Wikimedia User Groups is the responsibility of the Affiliations Committee;
- Wikimedia Tool Developers Group has submitted an application for recognition, which has been reviewed by the Affiliations Committee;
- The scope of the group, which can be found on their meta page, is to improve the Wikimedia projects on the software side, regardless if it is a Bot, a User Script, a Tool which runs on Tool Labs or something else.; and
- Application Review
- With regard to Wikimedia Tool Developers Group's application for user group status and criteria:
- At least 3 active Wikimedia editors: CRITERION MET
- Focus advances Wikimedia: CRITERION MET
- Mission aligned with Wikimedia Foundation: CRITERION MET
- Compliance with naming guidelines and trademark policy: CRITERION MET
- Information about group published on a Wikimedia wiki: CRITERION MET
- Plans for activities or efforts to advance Wikimedia projects: CRITERION MET
- Allows new members: CRITERION MET
- Two designated contacts for Wikimedia Foundation: CRITERION MET
- Based on this review I would like to approve Wikimedia Tool Developers Group’s application and grant them user group status for one year. If there are no concerns or objections, I will move forward with this action Monday, May 15, 2017, after a 72 hour window for AffCom members to raise potential concerns or objections.
- It is the opinion of the Affiliations Committee that the group meets the requirements for Wikimedia User Group status.
- Therefore be it resolved that Wikimedia Tool Developers Group is recognized as a Wikimedia User Group for a one-year, renewable period, effective on May 19, 2017.
Per the Wikimedia user group approval process, this application has been approved on May 19, 2017 on behalf of the Affiliations Committee: