Affiliations Committee/Resolutions/Recognition Wikimedians of Republic of Srpska
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Recognizing Wikimedia User Groups is the responsibility of the Affiliations Committee;
- Wikimedians of Republic of Srpska has submitted an application for recognition, which has been reviewed by the Affiliations Committee;
- The scope of the group, which can be found on their meta page, is "to connect and bring together users from Wikimedia community in Republic of Srpska with sole purpose of expanding Wikimedia community in Republic of Srpska."; and
- It is the opinion of the Affiliations Committee that the group meets the requirements for Wikimedia User Group status.
- Therefore be it resolved that Wikimedians of Republic of Srpska is recognized as a Wikimedia User Group for a one-year, renewable period, effective on 6 October, 2015.
- You've made a mistake User:JAnstee_(WMF): there's no Republic of Srpska, only Republika Srpska - the name is not translated into English, see Dayton Accords. 18.104.22.168 15:07, 17 November 2016 (UTC)
- Hello anonymous editor. It is up to the user group to choose its name and there is no requirement that they change it to suit your request. Rather, the name is within the user group naming guidelines and it is the choice of the user group whether to change it. Thanks, JAnstee (WMF) (talk) 21:14, 2 December 2016 (UTC)