- Recognizing Wikimedia User Groups is the responsibility of the Affiliations Committee;
- Wikimedia Stewards User Group has submitted an application for recognition, which has been reviewed by the Affiliations Committee;
- The scope of the group, which can be found on their meta page, is "to serve to coordinate and enable growth of the steward team and better involvement of stewards in Wikimedia governance, by enabling group activities among the existing stewards; ensuring steward participation at Wikimedia events and conferences; developing tools relevant to stewards; accessing knowledge from past stewards and promoting development and recruitment of good steward candidates and encourage general involvement at the movement level.";
- Application Review
- With regard to Wikimedia Stewards User Group's application for user group status and criteria:
- At least 3 active Wikimedia editors: CRITERION MET
- Focus advances Wikimedia: CRITERION MET
- Mission aligned with Wikimedia Foundation: CRITERION MET
- Compliance with naming guidelines and trademark policy: CRITERION MET
- Information about group published on a Wikimedia wiki: CRITERION MET
- Plans for activities or efforts to advance Wikimedia projects: CRITERION MET
- Allows new members: CRITERION MET
- Two designated contacts for Wikimedia Foundation: CRITERION MET
- It is the opinion of the Affiliations Committee that the group meets the requirements for Wikimedia User Group status.
- Therefore be it resolved that Wikimedia Stewards User Group is recognized as a Wikimedia User Group for a one-year, renewable period, effective on 22 September 2019.
Per the Wikimedia user group approval process, this application has been approved on 22 September 2019 on behalf of the Affiliations Committee: