- Recognizing Wikimedia User Groups is the responsibility of the Affiliations Committee;
- Wikimedia User Group of Aotearoa New Zealand has submitted an application for recognition, which has been reviewed by the Affiliations Committee;
- The scope of the group, which can be found on their meta page, is "to represent the Wikimedia Foundation’s mission in New Zealand: to empower and engage people to collect and develop educational content under a free license, so it can be shared and reused freely for any purpose"; and
- Application Review
- With regard to Wikimedia User Group of Aotearoa New Zealand's application for user group status and criteria:
- At least 3 active Wikimedia editors: CRITERION MET
- Focus advances Wikimedia: CRITERION MET
- Mission aligned with Wikimedia Foundation: CRITERION MET
- Compliance with naming guidelines and trademark policy: CRITERION MET
- Information about group published on a Wikimedia wiki: CRITERION MET
- Plans for activities or efforts to advance Wikimedia projects: CRITERION MET
- Allows new members: CRITERION MET
- Two designated contacts for Wikimedia Foundation: CRITERION MET
- It is the opinion of the Affiliations Committee that the group meets the requirements for Wikimedia User Group status.
- Therefore be it resolved that Wikimedia User Group of Aotearoa New Zealand is recognized as a Wikimedia User Group for a one-year, renewable period, effective on 17 December 2019.
Per the Wikimedia user group approval process, this application has been approved on 17 December 2019 on behalf of the Affiliations Committee: