- Recognizing Wikimedia User Groups is the responsibility of the Affiliations Committee;
- Wikimedians of Turkic Languages User Group has submitted an application for recognition, which has been reviewed by the Affiliations Committee;
- The scope of the group, which can be found on their meta page, is "to promote and participate in the projects offered by the Wikimedia Foundation and to organize the Turkic community. One of its core missions is to aid and encourage people to collect, develop and disseminate knowledge and other educational, cultural and historic content in the public domain or other licenses that allows everyone to freely use the knowledge, and to distribute and modify said content for free. Also, our main goal is to develop Wikimedia projects in Turkic languages, as well as to help and encourage Turkic-speaking users and communities."; and
- Application Review
- With regard to Wikimedians of Turkic Languages User Group's application for user group status and criteria:
- At least 3 active Wikimedia editors: CRITERION MET
- Focus advances Wikimedia: CRITERION MET
- Mission aligned with Wikimedia Foundation: CRITERION MET
- Compliance with naming guidelines and trademark policy: CRITERION MET
- Information about group published on a Wikimedia wiki: CRITERION MET
- Plans for activities or efforts to advance Wikimedia projects: CRITERION MET
- Allows new members: CRITERION MET
- Two designated contacts for Wikimedia Foundation: CRITERION MET
- It is the opinion of the Affiliations Committee that the group meets the requirements for Wikimedia User Group status.
- Therefore be it resolved that Wikimedians of Turkic Languages User Group is recognized as a Wikimedia User Group for a one-year, renewable period, effective on 31 January 2020.
Per the Wikimedia user group approval process, this application has been approved on 31 January 2020 on behalf of the Affiliations Committee: