Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Recognizing Wikimedia User Groups is the responsibility of the Affiliations Committee;
- Two members of the Affiliations Committee assigned as liaisons to a Wikimedia User Group application may initially approve the application for up to one year;
- The application of Wikimedia LGBT+ User Group has been reviewed by the Affiliations Committee and was discussed on their meta page and its talk page;
- The scope of the group, which can be found on their meta page, is to "encourage LGBT cultural organizations to use Wikimedia projects and to adopt the values of free culture and open access, promote Wikimedia projects as a tool for strengthening LGBT communities, [and] create and expand content of interest to LGBT communities on Wikimedia projects and to increase the overall quality of such content in all languages."; and
- It is the opinion of the Affiliations Committee liaisons assigned to this application that the group meets the requirements for Wikimedia User Group status.
- resolved that Wikimedia LGBT+ User Group is recognized as a Wikimedia User Group for a one-year, renewable, period that becomes effective when the Wikimedia User Group agreement is signed.