Association of Stroopwafel Addicts
Welcome to the Association of Stroopwafel Addicts (ASA). This is an association for people who have tasted a stroopwafel at least *once* and like it very, very, very much. There is no obligation to be Dutch. Documentation on the history of the Stroopwafel in Wikimedia can be found on the official ASA posters. You are welcome to print the poster yourself and hang it up in all appropriate places. You may add yourself if you have tasted the taste of heaven, the stroopwafel. Please remember that only DUTCH STROOPWAFELS count!
Self Proclaimed Honorary Life Permanently High Member
- notafish }<';> 22:39, 15 January 2007 (UTC) There is nothing I hate more than being reverted by an IP. ;-)
And the reason why I am that member can be found here: The real history of Wikimedia's crave for stroopwafels
The following list is a compilation of people who have actually eaten a stroopwafel. Regular consumers and disproportionate addicts are included as well. Those who have not consumed any are not permitted until they do.
These people obviously want to become part of the Association, but have to fulfill the most important requirement: eating a stroopwafel.
- Dylan Troop was quoted as saying "Stroopwafels ruined my marriage. I was so addicted i would sneak out of the house at night and run down to the ATM to pull money out just to buy more stroopwafels. Well that was until my bank account went into the red and i couldnt afford to pay my bills. And that wasnt even the most depraved state ive been in. I love stroopwaffels"
- Never tried it, but I'm an addict already! Timichal
- I'm so desperate to try one I'm paying over double the price to have them imported from the Netherlands (I'm from the US). Messedrocker 22:17, 29 October 2006 (UTC)
- gimme, gimme! Datrio 19:05, 30 October 2006 (UTC)
- Must have stroopwafel! *opens mouth* --Shanel 19:27, 30 October 2006 (UTC)
- Strooooooop!! --Zirland 17:08, 1 November 2006 (UTC)
- I am tempted to order some shipped overseas just to see what all the fuss is about. :-) Mindspillage (spill yours?) 20:43, 6 November 2006 (UTC)
- Sure! Mail me some stroppwafel to mexico. drini ☎ 16:24, 9 January 2007 (UTC)
- /me orders some stroopwafelstukjes --Frank Schulenburg 10:39, 11 January 2007 (UTC)
- As everybody talks about it, there must really be something special into these. I guess, it's time for me to find out what exactly. --Mbimmler 10:45, 11 January 2007 (UTC)
- sorry for the salivary dripping (aka drooling)... --Paginazero - Ø 16:29, 11 January 2007 (UTC)
- Ok, Ok. I actually may have had these before, I can't be sure. Must not be that good, or I'd remember, though. Can you get them with hazelnut creme? ++Lar: t/c 17:03, 15 January 2007 (UTC)
- First, I must learn what a stroopwafel is. Then I must find it and eat it. Nishkid64 02:38, 16 January 2007 (UTC)
- Support --Connel MacKenzie 14:14, 10 February 2007 (UTC)
- Will they be at the 2008 Wikimedia?? Thunderhead 17:40, 1 April 2007 (UTC)
- mickit 09:51, 9 March 2011 (UTC)
- Is there a spicy version for us Brits? WereSpielChequers 16:25, 9 August 2011 (UTC)
- How have I never tried one of these things? --Tango 13:58, 10 August 2011 (UTC)
- I missed that, but anyway I am already addicted to Andruty kaliskie which is somehow similiar stuff :-) Polimerek 16:29, 10 August 2011 (UTC)
- Some day I hope to become a member!!. --Elisardojm 20:51, 30 September 2011 (UTC)
- So the first one is free, right? Alhen 02:24, 8 October 2011 (UTC)
- Applying as a 25-year plus stroopwafel aficionado, going back to my time living in Britain, working with Dutch folks. Am a continued enthusiast now on Canada's West Coast, promoting the stroopwafel cause to friends, co-workers and MEC members. BTW: in Vancouver, BC, one can find good quality SWs, licorice and hand-made chocolate at "Dutch Girl" on Commercial Drive. Paxlogos (talk) 21:45, 4 March 2012 (UTC)
- Cassie Blackett-Ord - I can only imagine what eating a stroopwafel is like:
- JuanDeLaRoacha - addictimus mucho mucho charlie brownus rex
- Reagan M.-I just really want a stroopwafel so much!!! I know that I will be in love with them as soon as I try them!!! July 25, 2014
- I want those stroopwafels. WikiPancake 📖 10:53, 13 December 2016 (UTC)
- Princess Misa Bunny- STROOPWAFELS ;D
- Can someone tell me where to find kosher stroopwafels? StevenJ81 (talk) 15:26, 15 August 2018 (UTC)
Contact these people for your next “dose.”
- oscar 23:00, 29 October 2006 (UTC) look for my old opel kadett where there are wikimeets
- Brad Patrick. I have a connection now. This week only in Rotterdam. --BradPatrick 23:01, 10 January 2007 (UTC)
- Kaikhosru They’re also available in two sizes from Trader Joe’s.
- Having taken stroopwafels to all board meetings over the past 5 years I think I can safely call myself top supplier for the Wikimedia Cabal! Jan-Bart (talk) 15:29, 3 July 2012 (UTC)
- I brought home with me, from Gouda and Amsterdam, a total of 435 stroopwafels from three different bakeries, by hand.
- Brought 5 packs to Wikimania 2013! --Vera (talk) 03:59, 8 August 2013 (UTC)
- 10 packs at Wikimania 2014. Siebrand (talk) 11:23, 7 August 2014 (UTC)
- Verf from Gouda itself.
- Romaine (talk) 12:15, 13 August 2014 (UTC) - I bought a nearby shop empty for Wikimania 2014 in London
- Mark & Laura were going to bring 20 packs home, most had been consumed before making it to the airport, and still managed to get at least 4 co-workers hooked
- Effeietsanders 13:09, 17 May 2011 (UTC)
- Southparkfan 19:58, 10 April 2014 (UTC) - I've got some very delicious and illegal stroopwafels. You can ask for them here ;-)
- Wikimedia Nederland. 2000 stroopwafels and T-shirts at Wikimania 2014.
Counter Addiction Stroopwafel Unit Members (CASUM)
These people try to stop unhealthy Stroopwafel consumption and showing those addicts the right nutrition path. Like eating lettuce, carrots, apples, and other healthy snacks. Take note however that they are just as easily susceptible to the delicious temptation of a stroopwafel, and may even "confiscate" your prized possessions only to consume it themselves later on.
- Kill'em all Dbl2010
- Eat Prince Polo instead :) --WarX 13:02, 13 January 2007 (UTC)
- Unless you can find me some locally. Then I might change my mind. Bastique 16:40, 15 January 2007 (UTC)
- At least until next time I walk by the bakery and smell fresh baked stroopwafels. DutchDeb 19:19, 07 September 2011
Those in denial
- I can do without. Honest! --Kim Bruning 12:53, 13 February 2007 (UTC)
- The most horrible thing in the world. Rotemdanzig 21:32, 13 March 2007 (UTC)
- I can stop anytime I want to.--Eloquence 04:17, 26 April 2007 (UTC)
- Count on me for rehabilitation... I have contacts! Huji 15:45, 13 May 2007 (UTC)
- Is that even edible? guillom 14:08, 12 September 2008 (UTC)
- No! Stroopwafels keep me in shape! Ziko (talk) 20:14, 23 July 2015 (UTC)