Balkan NPOV page/proposals for NPOV pages/Regional template for Balkan countries
Jump to navigation Jump to search
This page is kept for historical interest. Any policies mentioned may be obsolete. If you want to revive the topic, you can use the talk page or start a discussion on the community forum.
- I am not sure that it should be implemented on other Wikipedias then [[:en:] because it should take a lot of time and organization. --Millosh 23:10, 3 May 2005 (UTC)
- The main reason are problematic pages, such as en:Kosovo with a lot of related pages, as well as with potential for a lot of other pages. --Millosh
- A number of pages which should be affected by that template: en:Bulgaria, en:Greece, en:Macedonia, en:Serbia and Montenegro, en:Serbia, en:Montenegro, en:Kosovo, en:Albania, en:Bosnia and Herzegovina, en:Federation of Bosnia and Herzegovina, en:Republika Srpska, en:Croatia and, maybe en:Slovenia, en:Romania and en:Turkey. Articles about regions, cities and municipalities should be affected, too. --Millosh 23:10, 3 May 2005 (UTC)
- We should make some rules to avoid potential problems: --Millosh 23:10, 3 May 2005 (UTC)
- Specific article should consist geographical, not political generalizations. For example, the articles about en:Republika Srpska and en:Kosovo should not have generalizations to the country level (i.e. to en:Bosnia and Herzegovina and en:Serbia and Montenegro, but only generalization to en:Balkan. --Millosh 23:10, 3 May 2005 (UTC)
- We should recognize a number of bigger geographical and political regions and put them at the top level of template. Such political and geographical regions can be: en:Croatia, but en:Slavonia and en:Dalmatia (as geographical regions as the parts of Croatia), too; en:Bosnia and Herzegovina, but en:Republika Srpska and en:Federation of Bosnia and Herzegovina (as political regions as the parts of Bosnia and Herzegovina), too; similar with en:Serbia and Montenegro, en:Vojvodina, en:Montenegro, en:Serbia, en:Kosovo, en:Sumadija (the last is geographical region). --Millosh 23:10, 3 May 2005 (UTC)
- I don't think that we should include historical political regions such as en:Republic of Serbian Krajina, en:Duklja, en:Republic of Dubrovnik, Republic of Athens etc. Maybe we should make similar template for historical political Balkan regions, too. But, I think that we should concetrate to solve present problems. --Millosh 23:10, 3 May 2005 (UTC)
- I am not sure would the idea be supported by people from other Wikipedian communities. However, I highly recommend to support this action because it makes possible avoiding a lot of problems. --Millosh 23:10, 3 May 2005 (UTC)
Before we vote
Before we start to vote, we should: (1) recognize who wants to be involved in such project and (2) which communities support this idea. After that we should articulate voting question(s) and deadline(s). --Millosh 23:10, 3 May 2005 (UTC)
The first step: Who wants to be involved?
- Millosh 23:10, 3 May 2005 (UTC)
The second step: Which communities support this idea?
I think that any interested community should vote about that (on their Wikipedias) and say here do they support this idea (with reference to voting results). --Millosh 23:10, 3 May 2005 (UTC)