Jump to navigation Jump to search
Periodic report on the education pilot status
Bellow you can find the proposed activities by each professor.
- Goal: Improve 10 articles on chemistry.
- Number of students: ~150 (3 classes of about 50 each).
- Number of students editing: 30 student cohorts.
- How they will work on Wikipedia: There will be a total of 30 student cohorts for the 3 classes, where each will have 5 students (~150 students). Each three students cohorts will be responsible for an article, where each group will be responsible for sections of this article. Wikipedia assignment optional as extra points.
- Students support: Each class has two training assistents (TAs), two of them who were trained to be campus ambassadors (CAs) who are going to train the other four. The course has 6 hours per week where TAs/CAs can support students out of the time class.
- Page course update: The campus ambassador is going to start to update the course page on August 20 and finish by the same week.
- Reaching out students: This week the professor will tell students how they are going to work on Wikipedia and ask them to sign up on the website.
- Goal: Improve 10 articles and create 1.
- Number of students: ~100 (2 classes of about 50 each). Professor has said about 25 to 28 students have shown interest in contributing to Wikipedia (7 in the first class and about 21 in the second).
- Number of students editing: 25.
- How they will work on Wikipedia: 50% of the class time to discuss the proposed articles subject and improve during the semester. Wikipedia assignment for editing is optional.
- Students support: 2 CAs, one the professor training assistent who attended the workshop, other an ambassador that has reached us through the sitenotice.
- Page course update: The professor said it will be done by this week by his TA.
- Reaching out students: Last week professor has told about the program to the students and about 25% of 100 students have shown interest in participating of the Wikipedia assignments.
- Goal: Improve 10 to 20 biology articles - number to be defined this Wednesday, August 22.
- Number of students: ~120 (2 classes of about 60 each).
- Number of students editing: 10-20 student cohorts.
- How they will work on Wikipedia: Each group of 5 or 6 students will be responsible to improve an article. The number of groups (10 to 20) will be defined on August 22 in the first class. Wikipedia assignments mandatory.
- Page course update: The professor is going to update before August 22 for the students.
- Grading: For students who choose to improve Wikipedia articles, their activities on the article will be integral part of their mark.
- Reaching out students: The course starts on August 22 and the professor will explain on the Wikipedia assignment and to them already sign up on Wikipedia. WMF will put this professor will CAs who joined the program in the previous semester, since she couldn't find any.
- Goal: Improve 10 articles (one per students, but can be more) - number to be defined this Thurday, August 23.
- Number of students: 10 graduate students.
- Number of students editing: 10.
- How they will work on Wikipedia: Students have to contribute each week to the article they have choosen and professor will watch them closely.
- Page course update: The professor is going to update with his CAs this week (articles list, evaluation method etc.).
- Grading: If students decide to work on Wikipedia article (each is going to choose one), it will count as 15% of the final mark. The number of students who will work on Wikipedia articles will be defined on the next class, on August 23.
- Reaching out students: The professor has already asked students to sign up on Wikipedia and he is planing to start Wikipedia activities next Thursday, August 23, out of the class time on a computer lab. He wants students to work during the semester activities and he will be watching them each week.
- Goal: Improve 7 articles (subjetividade, ethos, narrativa, poética, imaginário, cidade, paisagem - 2 students per article) at Wikipedia and 2 at Wikiversidade (Psicologia e Psicologia Social) - depending on the results those articles would be improved in Wikipedia too
- Number of students: 24 graduate students.
- Number of students editing: 18.
- How they will work on Wikipedia: They'll research about the subjects during september. On September 18 or 25 a 'how to edit Wikipedia' session will take place. Articles will be edited until October 23 and revised until November 15.
- Page course update: The professor is going to updated by Sunday.
- Grading: since the course is optional, full grade will be given for the Wikipedia Article. No other assessment will be made.
- Reaching out students: Students started to create accounts but no all have done. They'll be done by Sept 11 and will learn how to edit Wikipedia on Sept 18.
- Goal: Improve 16 articles (one class 2 articles per students, another one article per student.
- Number of students: 10 students of Design and 3 students of Publishing.
- Number of students editing: 13.
- How they will work on Wikipedia: students will edit articles choosen in the first classes and Wikipedia assignment will be mandatory.
- Page course update: The professor is going to work next Wednesday with CAs to update the articles to be worked and the milestone.
- Grading: 1. Design (2 extra points out of 10), 2. Publishing (3 points out of 10).
- Reaching out students: Students were already told to research sources for the articles they are going to edit and Wikipedia activities are starting this week.