CEE/Newsletter/May 2018/Contents/Hungary report
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Hungary report: Annual general meeting, tax campaign and article contests
- By Samat
- One of our chapter members gave a presentation on the Free Software Conference in Budapest about Wikidata and the EU Open Data Portal.
- Wikimedia Hungary organized a campaign for 1% of the individual tax payers' income tax in cooperation with the colleagues at WMF. This source is the main part of the WM-HU's budget.
- On 19 May, Wikimedia Hungary held its Annual General Meeting. The main topics of the AGM were discussion and acceptance of the 2017 reports, (re-)election of the supervisory committee for the next two years, and discussion of the chapter's strategy. The AGM was followed by a meetup and the prize giving ceremony of an article maintenance contest, where there were many editors who participated on a meetup for the first time.
- The end of May was the time for reporting to the government about the chapter activity and how donations were spent in the previous year, including tax declaration forms and similar administration. This is a requirement to keep the charity status of the association.
- We are at the end of the great Wikimedia CEE Spring 2018 contest, and statistics show that editors worked on 132 articles on the Hungarian Wikipedia with 124 new and 8 improved articles of the CEE region.