CIS-A2K/Events/Goan Towns & Villages @ Nirmala Institute of Education
Both, Nirmala Institute of Education (NIE) and the Centre for Internet & Society’s Access to Knowledge (CIS-A2K), are working towards conserving and developing knowledge and disseminating the same free of cost in Goa’s official language - Konkani. The two organisations plan to work together to foster usage of Konkani language and enhance digital literacy in Konkani.
NIE in collaboration with CIS-A2K is running certified Wikipedia Training Programme for it’s B.Ed. students. As a part of this programme, the two-organisations will conduct jointly led orientation and training workshops.
The project will aim to enroll 100 students paired in teams of 2 (with total of 50 pairs) who will produce Konkani Wikipedia articles on 50 villages (an article per pair) of state of Goa.
Deliverables from A2K Team
- Conduct workshops:
- 1st orientation workshop: To brief students about the program (for all 100 students) Done on 19th Nov 2013
- 2nd editing workshops: A hand holding Wikipedia workshop Done on 15th Jan 2014
- 3rd follow up session: To help students clarify any doubts, questions etc.
- Provide technical assistance to students to complete their assignment
- Provide single point of contact from CIS-A2K who’ll oversee the program.
- Provide help materials, presentations, documents, and videos on how to edit on Konkani Wikipedia.
- Provide certificates to successful participants by the end of the program.
- Provide media coverage.
Deliverables from B.Ed. Students
- Attend workshops organized by CIS-A2K Programme.
- Publish 1 article per pair on Konkani Wikipedia.
- All articles will be based on villages of Goa.
- Gather information on the topics they are covering through different mediums such as Internet, books, magazines, newspapers, panchayats etc.