CIS-A2K/Events/Train the Trainer Program/2018
|Train the Trainer Program
Train the Trainer (TTT) is a residential training workshop to groom leadership skills among the Indian Wikimedia community members.
CIS-A2K believes that in every experienced Wikimedian, there is a trainer. A trainer is like a candle that can light up many other candles. (S)he can inspire many other Wikimedians. The workshop attempts to groom such trainers. After three successful iterations of Train the Trainer in 2013, 2015, 2016, and 2017, CIS-A2K is going to organize the fifth iteration of the program on 26-28 January 2018 (note 25 January is day zero).
- Dates: 25-28 January 2018 (add this event to your Google calendar or Yahoo calendar)(25th is Pre-event)
- Venue: Mysore Fortune Jp Palace
- City: Mysore, Karnataka (possible)
- Location Map: Google Map, OpenStreetMap
- Status: Planning stage
- Any active Wikimedian contributing to any Indic language Wikimedia project (including English) is eligible to apply.
- An editor must have 500+ edits before 1 November 2017.
- Anyone who has interest to conduct offline/real-life Wiki events.
- Note: anyone who has already participated in an earlier iteration of TTT, can not apply.
- The participants are supposed to arrive at the venue on 25 January and attend all the days of the program. Partial attendance not allowed.
- Participants are not allowed to bring friends or relatives to the event, unless it is absolutely necessary (only with prior information and approval).
- All participants should bring their laptops. Participants without a laptop have to inform earlier.
- Travel support will be provided to participants.
- Accommodation will be provided to participants.
- Food will be served according to the participant's dietary preferences (non-veg, veg, etc.)
Please fill this form to show your interest to join. The last date of signing up is 10 December 2017.
In an effort to encourage participation from women and other minorities, at least 20 percent of the participants at TTT 2018 would comprise of women.
||This page is under construction
Please help review and edit this page.
- 25 January (day 0)
- 6:00 pm to 8:00: Meet and Greet, Introduce yourself
- 26 January (day 1)
- 9:30 am to 10:00 am: Introduction to Train-the-Trainer, scope, objectives. Tanveer Hasan and Tito Dutta
- 10:00 am to 10:20 am: Conducting an event: Pre-event: Tanveer Hasan and Tito Dutta
- 10:20 am to 11:40 am: Group activity and presentation on Pre-event
- 11:40 am to 12:00 o'clock: Tea break
- 12:00 am to 12:20 pm: Event and Post-event best practices: Tanveer Hasan, Satdeep Gill
- 12:20 pm to 1:30 pm: Group activity and presentation on event and post-event best practices
- 1:30 pm to 2:00 pm: Lunch break
- 2:00 pm to 2:20 pm: Diversity initiatives: Punjabi Wikimedians- Manavpreet Kaur
- 2:20 pm to 3:00 pm: Bridging Gender Gap - Ideas and initiatives: Rohini Lakshane
- 3:00 pm to 3:30 pm: Awareness about Wikimedia Movement in India: Satdeep Gill
- 3:30 pm to 3:45 pm: Tea break
- 3:45 pm to 4:10 pm: Organizing "Wiki Loves" campaigns: Krishna Chaitanya Velaga
- 4:10 pm to 4:30 pm: Organizing "Wiki Loves" campaigns: Group activity
- 4:30 pm to 5 pm: Demonstration of tools and gadgets
- 27 January (day 2)
- 9:00 am to 3:00 pm: Field trip
- 4:30 pm to 6:00 pm: Studies and group activity following field-trip
- 28 January (day 3)
- 9:00 am to 10:00 am: Wikidata in India: Way forward
- 10:00 am to 11:00 am: Revolving cafe on
- Wikimedia Commons: Gopalakrishna, Sumit Surai
- Wikisource: Prateek, Subodh Kulkarni
- Institutional Partnership: Tanveer, Sailesh
- Support and Safety: Manavpreet and Afifa Afrin
- 11:00 to 11:15 am: Tea break
- 11:15 am to 12:00 o'clock: Organizational responsibilities: Vision, needs-assessment, evaluation: Afifa, Ananth, Bharateshs, Manavpreet, Krishna, Satdeep
- 12:00 o'clock to 12:30 pm: Social media best practices: Sailesh Patnaik
- 12:30 to 1:00 pm: Roadmap
- 1:00 pm to 1:45 pm: Lunch
- 1:45 pm to 2:30 pm: Roadmap presentation
- 2:30 pm to 3:30 pm, conclusion, and feedback
If you have question, please post on the talk page or email tanveercis-india.org and titocis-india.org