CIS-A2K/Events/Train the Trainer Program/2019/Bids
This page has information and links for Train-the-trainer bids to venue/host TTT 2019, the 6th iteration of Train-the-trainer program. A2K is planning to run the bidding process and selecting an Indian city to host Train-the-trainer 2019 which is going to happen in the first half of 2019. Indian community members can get together to propose the city to host upcoming Train-the-trainer.
Following are per-requests to propose a bid.
- Active local community which is willing to support conducting the event
- At least 4 Community members should come together and propose the city. Women Wikimedians in organizing team is highly recommended.
- City should have at least an International airport.
- Venue and accommodations should be available for the event dates.
- Participants size of TTT generally will be between 20-25.
- Needed a venue which will have good internet connectivity and conference space for the above mentioned size of participants.
- Discussions in local community.
- The conference should be held in the month of February or early March. The conference should be on over a weekend, usually Friday to Sunday.
- We can not do the event in the following cities: a) Bangalore (we have most of the TTTs in Bangalore, and this year we are not doing it in Bangalore), b) Mysore (TTT2018 took place in Mysore, we won't repeat this year)
|14 January 2019 23:59 IST||Bidding officially opens|
|30 January 2019 23:59 IST||Deadline for Proposals to Host
|31 January – 7 February 2019||Selection process by Jury|
|8 February 2019||Jury decision made; announcement of host city to bidders and public.|
Bids: Show interest here to collaborate
If you are interested to collaborate on TTT 2019, please let us know here in the following format. Please note after you create a section below, we'll follow-up with additional questions and comments.
Format create a level 3 section below with city and community name like ===Bangalore, Kannada community === and please answer these questions:
- City: city as mentioned in the subject line
- Why do you want to host TTT 2019 in the city?
- Do you have any venue in mind in your city?
- Who are the community members who will work on this? If you have discussed this with the members or on the village pump please share a link here.
- Do you have any TTT alumnus (anyone who participated in TTT) in your team? Please write the username(s).
- Anything else you want to tell us?