CIS-A2K/Events/Wiki Advanced Training/2019
Wikisource Advance Training is a residential training workshop for experienced Wiki-librarians from India. The theme for 2019 event is Wikisource content creation and improvement (advanced). The training aims to groom experienced Wiki-librarians for Indic language Wikisources to proofread even better quality content on Wikisource. The program will educate them about different kinds of proofreading, global best practices, wikidata linkup etc.
- To optimize contribution and increase skills of Indic Wiki-librarian.
- To introduce and initiate advance level best practices across Indic Wikisource projects with reference to Global projects.
- Set the future path to develop their Wikisource to at per Global project.
- Starting date: 12 September 2019
- Closing date: 20 September 2019
- Link to application: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSda905zHpS2Fub7qTyciEAC1GWjfIEASRPokstDYB7mCS2YHA/viewform
Eligibility and guidelines
|12th September 2019 23:59 IST||Application open.|
|20th September 2019 23:59 IST||Last date of submission for Proposals to Host
|20th September – 22 September 2019||Selection process by Jury|
|22th September 2019||Participants announcement to the public.|
Guidelines for participation
- Participants are expected to arrive at the venue by the evening of Day 0 ( 10th October) , and stay until the schedule of Day 2 is complete. Partial participation not allowed. After 3PM on Sunday, 13th October Day 3,you are free.
- After selection, the participants are expected to complete the pre-work (attend online sessions, if any, as necessary) assigned to them before they attend the event.
- It is strongly recommended to bring your laptops, if not, kindly inform earlier.
- Participants are not allowed to bring friends or relatives to the event, unless it is absolutely necessary (only with prior information and approval).
- All the participants are expected to abide by the wmf:Friendly space policy and the wmf:Code of conduct policy of WMF.
- will be updated after 22th September 2019.
will be updating later with details, below here a basic agenda. we will published the same after needassesmnt from the commuity
- Digitization post-processing.
- Advance proofreading techniques.
- Wikidata Linkage.
- Library classification.
- Finishing touch of Transclution.
- Annotation of the text.
- Transclusion Techniques of Encyclopedia, Dictionary, etc.
- Is it a residential training?
- Are you going to support my travel and accommodation during the workshop?
- Can I bring my friend/brother(...) in the workshop?
- Kindly no, not during the workshop.
- Can me join for 1-2 days, instead of all 3 days?
- Partial participation is not possible.
- I am from SAARC countries. I reside out of India, Can I join?
- This program only for resident Indian.
Please feel free to ask question(s) on the talk page.