Punjabi Wikimedians/Punjabi Wikisource Training Workshop, Patiala
A workshop on Punjabi Wikisource was conducted on 17-18 November 2018 at Patiala. Wikimedians from North India states of (who are currently staying in Punjab, Haryana) Punjabi participated in the workshop.
Please the form if you are interested. The last date for submitting the form is 11 November 2018.
- Venue: Done
- Form open till 11 November Done
- Announcement and selection of the participants Done
- Logistics: Information collection process Done
Selection was based on the online and offline contribution regarding Punjabi Wikisource.
- Charan Gill
- Dugal harpreet
- ਨਿਸ਼ਾਨ ਸਿੰਘ ਵਿਰਦੀ
- Gaurav Jhammat
- Satdeep Gill
- Gurlal Maan
- Nitesh Gill
- Benipal hardarshan
- Jagvir Kaur
- Simranjeet Sidhu
- Stalinjeet Brar
- Harshaan Ghuman
- Armaan Kakrala
- Satpal Dandiwal
- Gurlal Maan (Organizer)
- Gaurav Jhammat (Venue selection)
- Nitesh Gill & Jagvir Kaur (Venue selection and logistics)
- Satpal Dandiwal
Although this is not the final schedule, we expect these topics to be discussed.
- Copyright Introduction about the Punjabi Books.
- Introduction of Panjabi Wikisource.
- Punjabi Wikisource Stats explanation.
- Proofreading/validation techniques tools.
- Most uses Wikisource Tools.
- Implements the tools to Punjabi Wikisource.
- Google OCR with python script.
- Workshop for run the script from Linux and Windows machine.
- topic may be added based on needs-assessment of the participants
- Is it a residential training?
- Are you going to support my accommodation during the workshop?
- Are you going to support my travel during the workshop?
- Bus fair only
- Can I bring my friend/brother(...) in the workshop?
- Kindly no, not during the workshop
- Why can't I attend the workshop, if I am not from the mentioned Punjabi states?
- Apologies, this is a zonal workshop. If you want to have a similar workshop in your zone, please let us know. You may email jayantacis-india.org