CIS-A2K/Events/Wikisource workshop:South India
This page is under construction
Please help review and edit this page.
A workshop on Advance Odia Wikisource Workshop will be conducted on 10-11 November 2018 at Bangalore (or slightly around). Wikimedians from South Indian states of (who are currently staying in) Andhra Pradesh, Karnataka, Kerala, Tamil Nadu, Telangana can participate in the workshop.. User:Jayantanth will be the primary trainer of the workshop.
Please fill the form if you are interested.
- Date: 24-25 November 2018
- Place: Bangalore (or slightly around)
- Venue: TBD
Although this is not the final schedule, we expect these topics to be discussed.
- Copyright Introduction about the Books.
- Introduction of Wikisource.
- Wikisource Stats explanation.
- Proofreading/validation techniques tools.
- Most uses Wikisource Tools.
- Implements the tools to Odia Wikisource.
- Google OCR with python script.
- Workshop for run the script from Linux and Windows machine.
- topic may be added based on needs-assessment of the participants
Who can join?
- Wikimedian who is currently residing in any of these states: Andhra Pradesh, Karnataka, Kerala, Tamil Nadu, Telangana with
- actively involved and recently active on Wikisource Project.
- at least 300+ edits in Wikisource 1 September 2018
- Note: Partial participation (eg, can not attend fully, but attend most/some of the workshop) is not allowed
- Is it a residential training?
- Are you going to support my travel and accommodation during the workshop?
- Can I bring my friend/brother(...) in the workshop?
- Kindly no, not during the workshop
- Why can't I attend the workshop, if I am not from the mentioned states?
- Apologies, this is a zonal workshop. If you want to have a similar workshop in your zone, please let us know. You may email jayantacis-india.org