CIS-A2K/Konkani Wikipedia @Goa University/Reports and Blogs
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Main||Workshops & Events||Konkani Vishwakosh Digitization Project||Reports & Blogs||Media Coverage||Gallery||Join us|
- Wikipedians speak - Participant of Konkani Vishwakosh Digitization Project, Pooja Tople. 17 December 2013. Pooja Tople shares her experiences with Wikimedia Projects.
- Wikipedians Speak - Konkani Wikipedia Editor, Darshana Mandrekar. 16 December 2013. Darshana Mandrekar a participant at the Konkani Vishwakosh Digitization Program speaks about her inspiration to edit Konkani Wikipedia.
- Wikipedians speak - Konkani Wikipedia Editor, Darshan Kandolkar. 13 December 2013. Darshan Kandolkar, talks about his experience with Konkani Vishwakosh Digitization Process and Konkani translation sprint.
- Wikipedians speak - Konkani Wikipedia Editor, Varsha Kavlekar. 12 December 2013. Konkani Wikipedia Editor, Varsha Kavlekar, talks about her experience with Konkani Wikipedia Incubator.
- Konkani Vishkawosh encyclopedia released under free license. 26 November 2013. Upon Centre for Internet & Society’s Access to Knowledge Programme (CIS-A2K)‘s explicit request, Goa University has approved the re-release of Vishwakosh under Creative Commons License (CC-BY-SA 3.0) to make it freely available to public, giving them the right to share, use and even build upon the work that has already been done. This is a huge step to help preserve Konkani language and culture in the digital era.
- Konkani Vishwakosh Digitization Project - Process, Challenges & Success. 13 November 2013. Goa University in collaboration with the Centre for Internet & Society’s Access to Knowledge Programme (CIS-A2K) is digitizing Konkani Vishwakosh. In this project CIS-A2K will work with group of individuals who will help digitize the encyclopedia in a time bound manner. All 3632 pages of Konkani Vishwakosh will be digitized.
- Brochure - Konkani Vishwakosh Digitization Project. 1 October 2013. Brochure to enroll for Konkani Vishwakosh Digitization Project.
- Re-release of Konkani Vishwakosh under CC-BY-SA 3.0. 1 October 2013. Goa University re-released Konkani Vishwakosh under Creative Commons License CC-BY-SA 3.0. To celebrate and further the movement of open knowledge and open access Goa University in collaboration with Centre for Internet & Society's Access to Knowledge Programme (CIS-A2K) organised an event.
- Konkani Vishwakosh Digitization Project. 25 September 2013. The Centre for Internet and Society in collaboration with the University of Goa invites you to enroll in a two-month project on digitization of Konkani Vishwakosh.
- Re-releasing Konkani Vishwakosh & Building Konkani Wikipedia Invite. 25 September 2013. Event invitation: Re-releasing Konkani Vishwakosh & Building Konkani Wikipedia
- Recap on Konkani Wikipedia Workshop. 12 September 2013. Recently CIS-A2K in collaboration with Goa University organized a four-day workshop for MA, Konkani language students.
- Konkani Wikipedia Advances in 4 Days — From 90 Articles to 130 Articles!. 31 August 2013. There has been a rise of article contributions to the Konkani Wikipedia in a span of 4 days following a 4 day programme organized by the CIS-A2K team for M.A. students from the Konkani Department, Goa University at the Central State Library, Goa.
- Voices from Goa: Rusita Paryekar, a MA student writes articles on Konkani Wikipedia. 27 August 2013. Rusita Paryekar shares her experiences of writing articles on Konkani Wikipedia.
- Voices from Goa: Frania Pereira tells Why She Writes Articles on Konkani Wikipedia. 27 August 2013. Frania Pereira shares her experiences of writing articles on Konkani Wikipedia.
- Konkani Wikipedia — Climbing up the Indian Language Ladder?. 13 August 2013. Recently CIS-A2K in collaboration with Goa University organized a four-day workshop for MA, Konkani language students. This workshop involved 38 students creating 43 new articles on Konkani Wikipedia which is incubation. CIS-A2K hoping that these efforts will contribute towards bringing this 7 year old project out of incubation to a live Wikipedia project.
- Konkani in Wikipedia Incubator — Taking it to the Next Level. 25 January 2013. An introductory session on Konkani in Wikipedia was organized by the Centre for Internet and Society, Delhi in the Konkani Department at Goa University. About 30 participants took part in the event.
- Bringing Konkani Encyclopedia in Public Domain. 22 January 2013. A meeting was scheduled with the Vice Chancellor Dr. Satish R Shetye to discuss the possibility of bringing Konkani Encyclopedia in public domain.
- Two-day Wiki Workshop in Goa University: An Introduction. 14 January 2013. Access to Knowledge team from the Centre for Internet & Society along with Wikipedia community members organized a two-day workshop for M.A. and Ph.D. students at the Goa University.