CIS-A2K/Requests/Archive 2013 2
I would like to request 4-5 T-shirts (XL or XXL preferable) and few badges(50)and stickers(200). These would be distributed in the event/s in Nagpur. While we have one college finalized where the event will happen, we are trying to rope couple of institutions more as well.
Odia Wikipedia Workshop Expenditure
Please find the details of expenditure for the Odia Wikipedia Workshop recently held at VSSUT Burla on 26-27th of July 2013.
1. To & fro Bus fair : Rs. 700/-
2. Printing cost of A3 size posters for circulation to different Hostels : Rs. 500/-
3. Arrangement of Tea & Snacks for 100+ participants : Rs. 500/-
4. Miscellaneous [Local travel & office accessories] : Rs. 300/-
Grand Total Rs. 2000/- --Gorvachove (talk) 09:38, 2 August 2013 (UTC)
- The amount has been credited to my account on 17th September 2013. Thanks. --Gorvachove (talk) 07:55, 21 September 2013 (UTC)
Contingency funding request from Tamil Wikipedia
Tamil Wikipedia is organizing an event in Chennai on 28th and 29th september to celebrate 10 years of Tamil Wikipedia. We have placed a grant request with WMF and it has been granted. However, we may not receive the amount in time to conduct the event successfully. Therefore, we kindly request CIS-A2K to provide contingency funding support. This request is supported by the Tamil Wikipedia community and the WMF grants committee will be kept in loop regarding this temporary arrangement. Once we receive the amount from WMF, we can repay this fund. The fund shall be transferred to the bank account of Ravishankar Ayyakkannu who is the primary coordinator for this event. An initial payment of 49,000 INR is requested at once to pay advance amounts for various vendors. In case we do not receive the amount from WMF until the event, we may request a second payment of 1,19,000 INR--Ravi (talk) 07:36, 15 September 2013 (UTC)
- தமிழ்க்குரிசில் (talk) 08:47, 15 September 2013 (UTC)
- Hibayathullah (talk) 10:28, 15 September 2013 (UTC)
- --Kurumban (talk) 13:55, 15 September 2013 (UTC)
Tamil Wikipedia is organizing an event in Chennai on 28th and 29th september to celebrate 10 years of Tamil Wikipedia. We expect an audience of 150 including 50 core Wikipedians. I would like to request as many T-shirts (size doesn't matter), badges, stickers and outreach brochures possible for this event. Either they can be sent by post to me (Ravishankar Ayyakkannu) or best brought in person when the CIS - A2k team arrives for the event. Thanks.--Ravi (talk) 07:55, 15 September 2013 (UTC)
- 25 Wikipedia T-Shirts and about 100 Wikipedia stickers were hand delivered for the event. --Visdaviva (talk) 18:26, 3 October 2013 (UTC)
Support for 12th Year Celebrations of Swathanthra Malayalam Computing
2013 marks the 12th year of Swathanthra Malayalam Computing's existence. - we grew up right along side the growth of digital Malayalam , from the first unsure steps to the current confident stride. For the first time, we are going to hold a large scale celebration that will honor free software, its developers, digital malayalam ecosystem, Free Content, and our beloved mother tongue. October 14,15 will see the kickoff, at Kerala Sahithya Academy Hall, Thrissur. We are planning 12th Year celebrations as an year long series of events with developer workshops, Localisation camp, user trainings and conferences. The 12th anniversary celebrations will kick start with a 2 day conference on October 14-15, in Kerala Sahitya Academy, Thrissur.
This 12 year Celebration Inaugural conference is planned as a 2 day public event to to recognize FOSS developers contributed to the Malayalam computing efforts, discuss challenges and to generate more Interest of public and academia in the language computing domain. The first day of the event will have inauguration, recognizing contributors, presenting new student contributions under Google Summer of Code 2013 and 2 panel discussions. Second day of the conference will feature various panels discussing the Technologies, way forward and challenges in front of Language Computing . The conference also have a wikimedia Track and a Wiki Volunteers meet.
We request CIS-A2K to partially support this conference by booking tickets/bearing bills as per follows. Other Sponsors Include Redhat & ICFOSS
Travel (partial):₹ 50,000/-
Stay (partial): ₹30,000/-
Printing & Stationary(partial): 20,000/-
- CIS-A2K extended timely support to this event and one of the CIS-A2K team member took part in the celebrations upon SMC's request.--Visdaviva (talk) 21:28, 7 November 2013 (UTC)
- Sorry for much delayed update here . Thanks CIS-A2k for travel support for Dr Nagarjuna and dr. TT Sreekumar for [http://12.smc.org.in SMC's 12th year celebration worth Rs 41765.96 (19900.48+21865.48)
- We havnt claimed any other heads because the event met expenses through various sponsorships. But as a matter of courtesy for the offer, we have listed CIS-A2K as a sponsor in all banners pamphlets and posters in equal status of other sponsors offered Rs 100000. --AniVar (talk) 05:09, 29 October 2014 (UTC)
Request for funding 10th anniversary of Kannada Wikipedia 2013
The Kannada Wikipedia community is organising the 10th anniversay on 17th November 2013, at Dr. HN Multimedia Hall, Bangalore, and requires a funding of Rs. 11,000.
Fund expenses details:
Food - Rs. 1000
Hall - Rs. 5000
Transport for guests - 2*2500 - Rs. 5000
Total: Rs. 11,000
On behalf of Kannada Wikipedia Community, I request for funding the event. Kiran Ravikumar , 10-Nov-2013.
- CIS-A2K extended timely support to this community led event. A detailed and accurate account of the support extended will be published once the accounts are verified internally by the accounts personnel. --Visdaviva (talk) 07:15, 11 December 2013 (UTC)
WikiSangamotsavam 2013/Malayalam Wiki Conference 2013
WikiSangamotsavam 2013, the annual gathering of users and well wishers of Malayalam Wikimedia projects, will take place on 21, 22 and 23 December, 2013 in Y.M.C.A Hall, Alappuzha, Kerala. Please click here to go to official page at Meta to see more details.
We expect CIS as a major supporter of this event along with WMF and WIMIN. As per the detailed estimates given in Expenses page, we request you to allot Rs.1,50,440 and 300 T-Shirts for Wikisangamotsavam 2013.
- On behalf of Malayalam Wikimedia Community, Adv.tksujith, Gen. Convenor, Organising Committee
Escalation of budget estimate
Due to unavoidable situations, now the Wiki Students Meet will have to host an additional 50 more students. This is because, the committee had to accept and approve a proposal to also invite the accomplished students of 2012 ml Wikisource Digitization projects. We had not distributed any valuable appreciations or rewards to them last year. Now that they are attending the function, obviously we will have to arrange bags for them too!
Therefore, we are afraid that we will have to increase the number of Student Bags by a corresponding sum.
- Support is being extended to the Malayalam WikiSangamotsavam 2013. CIS-A2K has committed to allocating about Rs. 150,000/- in addition to printing 300 T-Shirts (approximate cost of Rs. 100,000/-) for the event. A detailed and accurate account of the support extended to the Malayalam Wikimedia community will be published post the event and after the bills are settled by the WikiSangamotsavam Organizing Committee --Visdaviva (talk) 07:12, 11 December 2013 (UTC)
Contingency funding request for Kolkata Book fair 2014
Kolkata wikimedia Community will attend and participate in the Kolkata Book Fair 2014 (http://www.kolkatabookfair.net/) (29 January to 9 February 2014). The 'Kolkata Book Fair' is one of the most prestigious and active cultural event in India for last thirty five years. It is the world's largest non-trade book fair, Asia's largest book fair and the most attended book fair in the world. The estimated number of people attending this book fair is around 1,500,000 people.We have placed a grant request with WMF and it has granted 3,16,000 Indian Rupees. However, we may not receive the amount in time to conduct the event successfully. Therefore, we kindly request CIS-A2K to provide contingency funding support. This request is supported by the Kolkata Wikimedia community and the WMF grants committee will be kept in loop regarding this temporary arrangement. We have to submit the application with INR 2,00,000 to Book fair organized "Publishers & Book Sellers Guild" . So please transfer the INR 2,00,000 to the bank account of "Publishers & Book Sellers Guild" as soon as possible (before 18 December)
An initial payment of 49,000 INR is requested at once to pay advance amounts for various vendors. This fund shall be transferred to the bank account of Jayanta Nath who is the primary coordinator for this event.(with in January first week)In case we do not receive the amount from WMF until the event, we may request a second payment of 67,000 INR.Jayantanth (talk) 17:58, 12 December 2013 (UTC)
- Rangan Datta--Rangan Datta Wiki (talk) 09:47, 13 December 2013 (UTC)--Rangan Datta Wiki (talk) 09:47, 13 December 2013 (UTC)
- I support. -- Gangulybiswarup (talk) 16:29, 13 December 2013 (UTC)
- Support is being extended to the Kolkata Wikimedia Community for this book fair. CIS-A2K has committed advancing the money for this event. A detailed and accurate account of the support extended to the community will be published post the event and after the bills are settled.--Visdaviva (talk) 15:14, 23 December 2013 (UTC)
Apart from this, I would like to request as many T-shirts (size doesn't matter), badges, stickers and outreach brochures possible for this event. Either they can be sent by post to me (Jayanta Nath)or if possible, best brought in person when the CIS - A2k team arrives for the event. This request ia already posted at my Grants:PEG/Jayanta_Nath_-_Kolkata_Wiki_Community/Kolkata_Book_Fair_2014#Non-financial_requirements. I had brought 5 Malayalam Wikipedia CD & 5 Malayalam Wikisource CD from 5 Malayalam Community from event WikiSangamotsavam-2013. If any kind of CD, visual available please send the same. Thanks.Jayantanth (talk) 08:09, 30 December 2013 (UTC)
- Dear @Jayanta, please specify how many T-Shirts, stickers and badges. Are these swags going to be distributed among the Wikipedians who are going to organizing the stall related activities? --Subhashish Panigrahi (talk) 08:52, 30 December 2013 (UTC)
- Sent on 31.12.2013. --Subhashish Panigrahi (talk) 09:29, 6 January 2014 (UTC)