CIS-A2K/Work plan July 2016 - June 2017/Telugu
- 1 Introduction
- 2 Performance against Plans
- 3 Implementation plan
- 4 Cultivating New Editors
- 5 Strengthening Existing Community
- 6 Content Generation
- 7 Telugu Wikisource
- 8 Budget
- 9 Notes
Telugu has been a focus language area for the last 3 years. The plan starts with a critical overview of CIS-A2K's work and presents the plan of activities for the year starting July 2016 to June 2017.
Performance against Plans
In 2015-16, CIS-A2K put its efforts to have organic growth of leadership in the community. Through consultations and following Village pump discussions, revised the needs assessment and worked along with community needs. CIS-A2K has taken several roles like conducting, co-organizing, organizing, facilitating events in order to work closely, increase community participation and fill the gaps in conducting outreach.
- Cohort Analysis Summary.
|Active editors involved||New editors||Reach||Images added to commons||Articles added||Absolute bytes added|
- Above table shows statistics upto January 2016.
(Upto February 2016)
- More sources related to socio-political issues, personalities like freedom fighters, poets etc., available to Telugu Wikipedians who wanted to use them in improving Wikipedia articles.
- Resources created by CIS-A2K are being used by community, for example - recently a Telugu Wikipedian who conducted an awareness program used the script of video tutorials which are under community review.
- Community meetups started in another city - Vijayawada, in the resource centre created for Wikipedia activities in collaboration with Andhra Loyola College.
- Spread awareness on Telugu Wikipedia through media mentions. For example: activities like Photowalk co-organized in AP state archaeological museum got covered in electronic as well as major print media.
Revisiting the Needs Assessment
- CIS-A2K conducts both annual and monthly needs assessment on collaborating with community. Apart from On-wiki discussions, CIS-A2K kept time for assessment during Community meetups and outreach activities. Community is consulted in all programs during designing and implementation.
|Program||Wikimedia Strategy||Nature of the activity||Community suggestions||Wikimedia Project||Projection|
|Small City Outreach||User cultivation, Increasing reach||Workshops||
||Telugu Wikipedia, Wikisource||
|Improving diversity in Telugu Wikipedia||Increasing diversity, User cultivation||Workshops, Edit-a-thons, Surveys||
|Outreach in places other than Telangana and Andhra Pradesh||User cultivation, Improving reach, Community building activity||Workshops||
|Training in monthly meet-ups||User retention, Improving quality||Training||
|Wikimedia Educational Programme||Education program||Trainings, WEP, Edit-a-thons||
||Telugu Wikipedia, Wikisource, Commons||
|Qualitative measures||Improving quality||Edit-a-thons, Trainings||
||Telugu Wikipedia, Commons||
|Supporting Digitization||Content digitization||digitization sprints||
|Content donation||Content acquisition, Content digitization||Content acquisition, digitization sprints||
||Telugu Wikisource, Wikipedia||
|Advanced Wikisource user session||Capacity buildup||Training||
Program (1) # of newly registered users (2) # of active editors involved (3) # of individuals involved (4a) # of new images/media added to Wikimedia articles/pages (4b) # of new images/media uploaded (optional) (5) # of articles added or improved on Wikimedia projects (6) Absolute value of bytes added to or deleted from Wikimedia projects Wikipedia Education Program 200 10 250 700 1,400,000 Edit-a-thon 250 55 425 3050 920,000 GLAM 25 85 500 1500 100 Skill Building 35 40 Conducting digitization sprints 1400 (pages get digitized in Wikisource)
Table 3 notes:
Cultivating New Editors
Small city/town outreach
Improving diversity in Telugu Wikipedia
Outreach in places other than Telangana and Andhra Pradesh
Strengthening Existing Community
Training in monthly meet-ups
Wikipedia Educational Program
Telugu Village stubs project
Advanced Wikisource user session
|Expenditure Item||FDC Support (INR)||FDC Support (US$)||Other Sources and in kind Support (INR)||Other Sources and in kind Support (US$)|
|1 PA x 100%||378,000||5,513.330445||0||0|
|1 PD x 2.5%||70,330.92||1,025.813763||0||0|
|1 PM x 5%||52,800||770.1159987||0||0|
|3 PO x 11.11%||318,282.7||4,642.321958||0||0|
|1 PA x 11.11%||55,733.34||812.9003181||0||0|
|TTT, MWT, etc.,x20%||40,000||583.4212112||0||0|
|Travel and Stay||0||0||42,000||612.5922717|
- 100% time of PAvan Santhosh as Program Associate who will anchor this plan at CIS-A2K
- 2.5% time of Program Director, CIS-A2K
- 5% time of Program Manager, CIS-A2K
- 11.11% time of 3 Program Officers, CIS-A2K
- 11.11% time of Program Associate, CIS-A2K
- Expenses incurred by the CIS-A2K program team towards executing the plan