"Si prega di notare che a partire dal 18 marzo 2020, tutti gli eventi, le conferenze e le riunioni offline (in-person) finanziati dalla Wikimedia Foundation che si svolgono prima del 15 settembre 2020 sono stati annullati o posticipati fino a nuovo avviso."" Continua a leggere questa pagina per ulteriori informazioni.
La pandemia di coronavirus' è una pandemia in corso dal 2019 ed è stata dichiarata una pandemia dall'Organizzazione Mondiale della Sanità l'11 marzo 2020. I gruppi organizzati all'interno del movimento Wikimedia hanno monitorato la situazione dall'inizio del 2020 e hanno preso una serie di misure per aiutare a rallentare la diffusione della pandemia.
La Wikimedia Foundation ha creato questa pagina per condividere pubblicamente la nostra continua risposta alla pandemia, offrire risorse correlate e aiutare le nostre comunità di volontari a segnalare, tracciare e monitorare il suo impatto nel movimento. Per favore unisciti alla Fondazione per aggiungere informazioni su come le tue comunità Wikimedia, affiliati e altri gruppi organizzati stanno rispondendo a questa situazione. Per richieste da parte dei media, contattare presswikimedia.org.
A partire dal 10 settembre 2020, il movimento Wikimedia ha intrapreso le seguenti azioni operative, in risposta alla pandemia di COVID-19:
- Tutti gli eventi pubblici offline (ovvero svolti di persona) finanziati dalle sovvenzioni della Wikimedia Foundation, comprese le conferenze, programmate antecedentemente il 15 settembre 2020, devono necessariamente essere annullati o rinviati. Ciò include le conferenze Wikimedia Summit 2020 e Wikimania 2020.
- Gli uffici della Wikimedia Foundation resteranno chiusi almeno fino al 30 giugno 2020.
- Wikimedia Foundation è passata a una settimana lavorativa ridotta.
- Alcuni membri del personale potrebbero continuare a lavorare secondo i normali orari; Tuttavia, le aspettative attuali sono che il personale possa lavorare 20 ore a settimana, se necessario.
- Tutto il personale verrà retribuito in base al loro normale orario di lavoro.
- Il normale periodo di malattia è stato esteso; I membri dello staff che sono malati, o che si prendono cura dei loro familiari malati, possono prendersi il tempo necessario per prendersi cura di se stessi o dei loro familiari.
- I membri delle nostre comunità continuano ad aggiornare, mantenere e tradurre attivamente le informazioni relative alla pandemia, in ciascuno dei nostri progetti e in dozzine di lingue.
Risorse globali e informazioni
- Mappa attiva che mostra i paesi interessati e i casi COVID-19
- Organizzazione mondiale della sanità (OMS)
Lavoro e riunioni da remoto
Helpful steps to prevent the spread of the COVID-19 virus
- Sanitize yourself by cleaning your hands often, by either using soap and clean water for at least 20 seconds, or using a hand sanitizer consisting of 80% alcohol.
- Always cover your mouth when you sneeze, cough and yawn. Viruses can likely be spread elsewhere from little droplets of cough/sneeze.
- Maintain a safe and secure distance from other people, at least 2 meters (6 feet) from others.
- Refrain from touching parts of your body and your face and any other objects surrounding you.
- Everyone is encouraged to stay at home, you should only go when something is important to you. If you either have illnesses, such as fever, cough, headache and diarrhea, or have symptoms of COVID-19, you should immediately head to the nearest hospital if possible.
- If you have an essential task, and must leave your home to go somewhere, don't forget to bring a face mask or any type of face shield with you, and wear it.
- Maintain a fit and healthy lifestyle, by exercising and doing yoga on a regular basis, and also eating and drinking healthy meals, such as fruits, vegetables and vitamin-C.
- Sanitize your home by cleaning the floor and other surfaces on a regular basis using disinfecting tissues.
Sforzi relativi ai progetti Wikimedia
Please post any information on how Wikimedia projects are responding or how outside efforts are utilizing information from Wikimedia.
- WikiProject India COVID-19 task force
- Wikipedia Weekly Network
- WikiProgetto COVID-19 Grafica
- Gruppo pubblico su Telegram per discutere e coordinare gli sforzi per la risposta del movimento Wikimedia alla pandemia COVID-19.
- Gruppo pubblico su Telegram per i membri delle comunità di Wikimedia che si riuniscono e si divertono
- Wiki Per COVID-19
- Phabricator: COVID-19 tag
- Voce: Pandemia di COVID-19 del 2019-2020
- Voce: Pandemia di COVID-19 del 2019-2020 nel mondo e voci correlate
- Voce: COVID-19
- Voce: Misinformation related to the 2019–20 coronavirus pandemic
- Voce: SARS-CoV-2
- Voce: Socio-economic impact of the 2019–20 coronavirus pandemic
- Article: Storia della pandemia di COVID-19 del 2019-2020
- Article: Impact of the 2019–20 coronavirus pandemic on education
- Category: Categoria:Pandemie di COVID-19
- Template: Pandemia di COVID-19 del 2019-2020
- WikiProject: English Wikipedia: COVID-19
- Portal: English Wikipedia: Coronavirus disease 2019
- Macedonian Wikipedia
- Initiative: #ОстаниДома и уредувај ја Википедија!
- Articolo: Pandemia COVID-19
Utilizzo dei dati Wikimedia
- Google's map of confirmed cases of coronavirus disease (COVID-19)
- Utilizing English Wikipedia's 2019–20 coronavirus pandemic article
Messaggi da Wikimedia Foundation
As of 24 March 2020, the Wikimedia Foundation has publicly shared these messages regarding the COVID-19 pandemic:
- 10 September 2020: Introducing a new risk assessment tool and guidelines for in person gatherings
- 24 marzo 2020: Aggiornamento sulle assegnazioni delle conferenze di Wikimedia
- 18 March 2020: Postponing Wikimania Bangkok until 2021
- 15 March 2020: People First: Wikimedia’s Response to COVID-19
- 14 March 2020: Lightening the load and preparing for the future
- 12 March 2020: Wikimedia Foundation Grants for public events
- 12 March 2020: Joint Statement of the ESEAP Wikimania Organizing Team and Wikimania Steering Committee on COVID-19
- 6 March 2020: Wikimedia Foundation will close San Francisco office and encourage remote work for March 2020 amidst COVID-19 concerns
- La risposta del team educativo al COVID-19
- Wikimedia Foundation joins the Education Global Coalition
Informazioni dai movimenti affiliati e gruppi organizzati
Please post any announcements or information from Wikimedia movement affiliates or recognized groups.
- West Bengal Wikimedians User Group: All offline activities and projects organized and/or supported by the user group were suspended, effective from March 13, 2020 until September 15, 2020 (or until further notice).
- Wikimedia Bangladesh: To prevent the possible spread of COVID-19 and to ensure the health and safety of the members of the Wikimedia community, all offline activities (meetups, workshops, seminars) and in-person public events related to Wikimedia Bangladesh and its sub-regional communities have been suspended until further notice, effective from March 14, 2020. Simultaneously, the Bangla Wikipedia Annual Conference which was scheduled next April has been canceled.
- Hong Kong: All offline activities and projects organized by the user group were suspended, effective from 3 February, 2020 until further notice. Supported activities would be under discretion of the organizer. WikiEDU in HK is unaffected. Local organizers will contact respective organizations for updates related to WikiEDU in HK.
- Wikimedia España: All offline activities, including our annual assembly, are cancelled or postponed from 10 March 2020 until further notice, due to COVID-19 crisis in Spain. Volunteers, staff and broader community are encouraged to stay home, take care of themselves and edit Wikipedia or any of their sister projects through this Wikipedia page.
- Wikimedians of the Levant: All offline activities are suspended effectively from 20 March 2020 and until further notice. Editing workshops will be conducted online, while Education Program celebrations will be reduced to certificiate awards. The Annual Grant Plan will be revised in March through April to accommodate funding that is more relevant to the current circumstances (e.g. internet stipends). Online meetings will be held regularly on a monthly basis.
- Wikimedia Norge: Wikimedia Norge cancelled all travels, events and physical meetings effective from 12 March 2020. Online wiki meetups for volunteers will be held monthly. Wikimedia Norge’s employees will work from home for as long as Norwegian health authorities recommend it.
- Wikimédia France: All offline activities and projects organized and/or supported by the chapter are suspended until September 15, 2020.
In cerca di assistenza
We encourage you to use this page's talk page to discuss what you and your affiliate or organized group needs during this time. Information on potential assistance for needs identified in those discussions will be shared here.
Domande frequenti (FAQ)
Cosa si sta facendo per Wikimania?
Wikimania Bangkok is postponed until 2021. The hotel and venue will remain the same. There are no plans by the 2020 Wikimania hosts to organize a virtual, online event.
Are there recommendations extending beyond grant recipients?
The Wikimedia Foundation encourages everyone in the Wikimedia movement to consider how their planned activities, especially events, may impact the potential spread of COVID-19. While we are requiring that grant funds not be used for these events, we are strongly encouraging all affiliates and organized groups to similarly cancel or postpone any events they have scheduled between now and 15 September 2020 until the World Health Organization declares the COVID-19 pandemic over.
Riguardo gli eventi pianificati dalla Fondazione Wikimedia?
All Wikimedia Foundation travel has been suspended until at least 1 June 2020. All events, off-sites, and in-person gatherings scheduled before 15 September 2020 for Wikimedia Foundation staff and contractors, Board, and fundraising have been postponed or cancelled.
What is happening with the Wikimedia Foundation's current programs and plans?
The Wikimedia Foundation Leadership Team is reviewing all work for the Wikimedia Foundation and attempting to postpone or put on hold all non-essential work pending further assessment of the situation. We are aware that the needs and obligations of the Foundation may shift dramatically in the coming weeks and potentially months. We are taking this step in order to free up capacity and provide the necessary flexibility to address whatever demands may arise and ensure the public has access to the knowledge that can help everyone in these uncertain times. We are not abandoning any longterm commitments or goals. We will return to them and adjust our timelines accordingly as soon as the current situation allows.
Come lavorerà la Fondazione Wikimedia 20 ore a settimana?
We are only asking people to commit to working 50 percent of their normal hours. This is not a holiday. If people are able to work more normal hours, our mission needs them. But we are not tracking their time. We trust that people will give the time they can.
Why? We knew schools would be closing around the world, and a childcare stipend will not help when caregivers are unable to leave their homes. It is unreasonable and unrealistic to expect someone to be fully present, eight hours a day, when they have a three-year-old with crayons drawing on the wall, or an elderly parent who needs help navigating the stairs. We all have loved ones who need care, groceries that need purchasing, doctor’s appointments to keep, neighbors who need a phone call. And you know what? We trust our colleagues. People will work when they can, and when they can not, we trust they will be right.
Cosa sta facendo attualmente Wikimedia Foundation per supportare la comunità?
In addition to providing support to our affiliates and organized groups receiving grant funding, we are also looking at ways we can support the additional online coordination which may be required to supplement our usual in-person efforts.
The work of the Wikimedia movement is perhaps more important now than ever before. However, our full potential in supporting the world during this time can only be achieved and maintained by a healthy and vibrant community. That will not happen if we do not all take into consideration what is necessary to support both ourselves and each other as individuals. While this good faith approach to communal support has always been a goal of our movement, the current circumstances require us all to make an even more intentional effort at self and community care.
Che cosa sta facendo attualmente la Fondazione Wikimedia per sostenere il suo personale e gli altri collaboratori?
The Wikimedia Foundation takes the responsibility of care for its over 375 staff and contractors very seriously. It has been a core value of the organization since our founding over fifteen years ago. Additionally, as an organization we have a responsibility to keep Wikipedia online and available for the world, especially in moments of crisis. A world that is changing requires changing how we work. In order to care for our staff and contractors as well as adapt to change as needed in the weeks and months ahead, we have taken a series of steps:
- We are accepting that we must adapt to evolving circumstances. The old normal is gone, and trying to make reality conform to last week or last month is not helpful or productive. We are filing away our careful annual planning, OKRs, and roadmaps. Trying to keep up with them is a recipe for stress and uncertainty, none of which help right now.
- We are focusing on the most mission-critical work. Wikipedia is a website, but Wikimedia is a community. There’s a saying, “come for the articles, stay for the people.” We thrive on meeting in person, haggling over our future, hugging it out, and closing down every social venue in sight. We have cancelled all near-term, in-person gatherings until WHO declares this pandemic over. These were painful decisions, but essential for public health and to give everyone certainty and clarity. No need to worry if that Hyderabad summit will be on in four months, and what visa needs people might have — we can all focus on more immediate concerns.
- We are protecting our health. The Foundation has been a distributed-work organization for years, with 70 percent of our colleagues working outside of our main office in San Francisco. As soon as we became aware of community transmission in California, we instituted a full work-from-home protocol. Our Washington, DC, office followed within a week. Our goal was to reduce staff exposure and improve health outcomes for the communities in which we work and live.
- We are lightening the load. Work is not the only thing on people’s minds right now. Their families, their bills, childcare and school closures, the economy… we are all trying to manage a lot. We want to reduce the cognitive strain on our colleagues so that people could take care of themselves and stay healthy. To do that:
- We are guaranteeing all contract and hourly workers full compensation for planned hours worked.
- We are waiving all sick days, so staff do not have to count or use PTO.
- We have moved to a halftime work expectation.
Per quanto tempo gli uffici di Wikimedia Foundation resteranno chiusi?
Wikimedia Foundation's San Francisco and Washington, DC offices are closed through at least 30 June 2020. We will be reviewing that decision towards the end of June and determining then if it should be extended.
Per quanto tempo le trasferte di Wikimedia Foundation saranno sospese?
La Fondazione Wikimedia ha sospeso tutti i viaggi almeno fino al 1° giugno 2020. Riesamineremo questa decisione alla fine di maggio e decideremo se è opportuno prorogarla.
- "Sovvenzioni della Wikimedia Foundation per eventi pubblici", 12 marzo 2020
- "Wikimania Bangkok posticipata al 2021", 18 marzo 2020
- "Alleggerire il carico e prepararsi per il futuro" (e-mail a tutto il personale e ai fornitori della Wikimedia Foundation), 14 marzo 2020
- Announcement on community mailing list of Indian Wikimedians, 13 March 2020
- Annuncio sul blog di Wikimedia Bangladesh, 15 marzo 2020
- Wikimedia Community User Group Hong Kong Facebook announcement, 3 February 2020
- Annuncio sul blog di Wikimedia Spagna, 13 marzo 2020
- Announcement and activity changes on Wikimedia Levant mailing list.
- Annuncio sul blog di Wikimedia Norvegia, 12 marzo 2020