Celtic Knot Conference 2019/Submissions/How to reduce the Oral Citation barriers on Wikipedia
|This is an open submission for the Arctic Knot Wikimedia Language Conference 2021.|
- Submission no.
- Title of the submission
- How to reduce the Oral Citation barriers on Wikipedia
- Type of submission (Lightening talk, panel, tutorial/workshop, Presentation)
- Lightening talk
- Author of the submission
- Felix Nartey
- Language of presentation
- E-mail address
- Country of origin
- Affiliation, if any (organisation, company etc.)
- Open Foundation West Africa
- Personal homepage or blog
- Web profile
- Abstract (up to 300 words to describe your proposal)
As its mostly said, knowledge when read in ones language resonates better. This places a powerful emphasis on the power of language and the need to maintain knowledge in their original forms. Most languages have a substantive part of their heritage and culture in formats that are currently not covered on Wikipedia and other educational platforms. Oral citations have been an area of a great concern but very little is done in our movement and this lightning talk seeks to present a practical approach to bridging this gap. Practical examples of how we have been able to work around this hurdle in our community will be shared to provide perspective and the possibility of brainstorming future ways to solving this problem.
- What will attendees take away from this session?
- Theme of session
- WikiCulture & Community
- Will you attend Celtic Knot if your submission is not accepted?
- Slides or further information (optional)
- Special requests
- Is this Submission a Draft or Final?
If you are interested in attending this session, please sign with your username below. This will help reviewers to decide which sessions are of high interest. Sign with a hash and four tildes. (# ~~~~).