Celtic Knot Conference 2020/Submissions/Sámi placenames on Wikidata/Discussions
The below content is an archive of the note-taking pad that was used for this session.
Welcome to the note-taking pad of one of the Celtic Knot Conference 2020 sessions! This space is dedicated to collaborative note-taking, comments and questions to the speaker(s). You can edit this document directly, and use the chat feature in the bottom-side corner.
✨⏯️ Session details
- Name: Sámi placenames on Wikidata
- Speaker: Jon Harald Søby
- Link to the video/replay: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5L5uoMiJoA4
- More details: Celtic Knot Conference 2020/Submissions/Sámi placenames on Wikidata
- See also: Wikidata helpdesk Celtic Knot Conference 2020/Wikidata helpdesk
Feel free to add questions here, while or after watching the session. Please add your (user)name in bracket after the question. The host of the session will pick a few questions to ask them during the livestream. The speaker or other participants will answer on this pad (asynchronously: the answer may come in a few hours or days).
I am trying to add "Swedish" Glaciers they have sami names that I would like to add or understand if a name is sami. Any suggestion for sources
- see task https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T236131 and list https://w.wiki/Rcw
- I would suggest asking Lantmäteriet for lists of Sámi names. According to their website, however, stuff like this is a paid service (whereas the Norwegian Mapping Authority releases it freely under a CC license), and one might have to pay more if the data is to be used widely, but maybe they will be lenient for a good cause. -Jon Harald Søby
🖊️🔗 Collaborative note-taking
Feel free to take notes about the session here, add some useful links, etc.
More information about the Celtic Knot Conference 2020: https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Celtic_Knot_Conference_2020
The Friendly Space Policy also applies on this space: https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Celtic_Knot_Conference_2020/Friendly_Space_Policy