Celtic Knot Conference 2022/eo
Pri la Kelta Nodo
The Celtic Knot Wikimedia Language Conference aims to bring people together to share their experiences of working on sharing information in minority and minoritized languages on the Wikimedia projects. Our aim is to help people learn how to direct the flow of information across language barriers and support their communities. As in previous years we will have a strong focus on Wikidata and its potential to support languages.
The Celtic Knot Wikimedia Language Conference is a place where people working on growing and maintaining their communities (on Wikipedia, but also Wikisource or Wikidata) can meet, learn from each other, and support each other on topics like community growth, technical tools, or collaboration with partners.
Driven by the vision of Wikimedia UK, together with local partners and fellow Wikimedia chapters, the Celtic Knot conference carries the experience of five annual editions, including two online events. In each of the first five years, the conference has spotlighted a language or language family, and the participants can learn more about the cultural context as well as the state of the Wikimedia projects in these languages. See also the previous editions: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, Arctic Knot 2021.
Por la versio de 2022, Wikimedia UK, kun la subteno de Wikimedia Deutschland, proponas pli larĝan aliron, kiu emfazas plikapabligon de diversa grupo de partoprenantoj.
The Celtic Knot Language Conference 2022 will experiment with a hybrid format: while a 2-day conference will take place online on July 1-2, the language communities are encouraged to organize local, onsite events from June to September.
La enreta programo je la 1a kaj 2a de julio inkluzivos:
- News from the Language Communities
- 4 practical workshops to gain skills on different topics highlighted in the community input survey
- A networking and guided discussion session, where people can connect with other editors and community leaders from minority language projects
- A curated selection of videos from previous editions, to watch at your own pace
- Social events and channels to connect informally with other participants
Ĉu vi havas demandojn aŭ sugestojn pri la enreta programo? Sentu vin libera kontakti Lea Lacroix (WMDE)-on.
The decentralized onsite events can take place before, during or after the online program, and can be for example:
- Meetup of a local community, social events
- Watch-party of the online program or video pool
- Workshops and introductions to the Wikimedia projects
- Editathon in a specific language or on a specific topic
- Follow-up of the conference, discussions, skills exchange
Ĉu vin interesas organizi loka evento? Sentu vin libera kontakti Richard Nevell (WMUK)-on.
- Contribute to the News from the Languages Communities lightning talks: April 21 to May 31
- Apply for a scholarship to attend the online event or organize an onsite event: April 22 to June 10
- Pli da informo pri la programo: majo 2022
- Training for workshop facilitators: May-June 2022
- Registration opens: June 7th
- Final program is announced: June 2022
- Local events: running from June to September 2022