CEE Spring 2021 in Ukrainian Wikipedia
- , primary contact (Requested at 22:52, 26 March 2021 (UTC))
|Central Notice Settings|
What countries will your campaign target?
What is the purpose of the campaign? How will you measure the success of the campaign?
- Support This is the single biggest and most impactful contest of Ukrainian Wikipedia. Our community has worked on improving this contest this year to make it more impactful — NickK (talk) 08:30, 27 March 2021 (UTC)
- There was a banner for CEE Spring in ukwiki in 2020 and 2019, but this year it's for a shorter period of time, so that's a good change. -- Ата (talk) 09:22, 27 March 2021 (UTC)
Central Notice admin comments
AntonProtsiuk (WMUA), there is a discrepancy in the request: viewed from the territory of Ukraine or in the Ukrainian language are two different things to ask and I am not sure what an 'or' means here; and this line doesn't correspond with the all projects in all languages from the territory of Ukraine line. Would you please clarify where exactly is WMUA expecting to see the banner? -- Ата (talk) 09:22, 27 March 2021 (UTC)
- This seems like a Wikipedia-related campaign: why not opt for the Ukranian Wikipedia site-notice instead? Ciell (talk) 18:45, 28 March 2021 (UTC)
- @Ciell: The contest will be also held on two sister wikiprojects (Wikiquote & Wikivoyage), the Wikipedia page will just be the key landing page. In any case, we value the possibility of spreading the word about the project for a broader, yet relevant audience (e.g. Ukrainians reading Russian Wikipedia or anyone reading Ukrainian Wikiquote). Also, while I'm not an expert here, I have an impression that Central Notice is better from a technical perspective as it allows for the banner not to overlap with other Central Notice campaigns active in Ukrainian Wikipedia. --AntonProtsiuk (WMUA) (talk) 20:50, 28 March 2021 (UTC)
- @Ата: I guess it means viewed from the territory of Ukraine or in the Ukrainian language *when viewed from outside of Ukraine*. We don't insist on the peculiarities of Central Notice Settings and don't mind changes if necessary. --AntonProtsiuk (WMUA) (talk) 20:50, 28 March 2021 (UTC)
- @Ата: are you sure about 3 views every 16.800 seconds for 30 days? There are 86.400 seconds in a day, so isn't this a bit too much for a diet? I, from a user point of view, would rather have it on full time and not reappearing once I dismiss it (= no diet at all), then disappearing and returning 5 times per day. Just a thought, I'll leave it up to you. Ciell (talk) 20:10, 30 March 2021 (UTC)