CentralNotice/Request/Project Tiger Writing Contest
Project Tiger Writing Contest
- , primary contact (Requested at 14:02, 17 February 2018 (UTC))
|Central Notice Settings|
What countries will your campaign target?
What is the purpose of the campaign? How will you measure the success of the campaign?
Endorsing this request on behalf of the Partnerships & Global Reach team at the Wikimedia Foundation. This is a project the foundation is implementing in collaboration with CIS-A2K. We need the banner to ensure maximum participation in the contest. Thanks. @Seddon (WMF):--Ravi (talk) 18:22, 18 February 2018 (UTC)
- Comment, @Seddon (WMF) and RAyyakkannu (WMF):, please remove this notice from Bengali Wikisource. It serves no purpose there. -- Bodhisattwa (talk) 20:58, 28 March 2018 (UTC)
- @Krishna Chaitanya Velaga and Ravidreams:, please take action to remove the notice from Bengali Wikisource. This notice is diverting our workforce decreasing our editors. -- Bodhisattwa (talk) 15:22, 30 March 2018 (UTC)
I believe the part of the notice - "Together, we can keep Wikipedia in India independent and thriving" - especially the bit about "independent" is open to some misinterpretation and should either be dropped or expanded upon/clarified in the landing page. To some independence apparently means that which is owned by the country and not influenced by "foreigners". Shyamal (talk) 09:14, 25 April 2018 (UTC)
- Pinging Central Notice admins @Seddon (WMF) and MarcoAurelio: for action. As Shyamal suggested, please remove the word, as it may be misinterpreted. Regards, Krishna Chaitanya Velaga (talk — mail) 11:56, 26 April 2018 (UTC)
Central Notice admin comments
- @Krishna Chaitanya Velaga and RAyyakkannu (WMF): Three months is far too long for a CentralNoice campaign. I suggest breaking the campaign down into three two week stints. One to launch. One in the middle and one to close. Seddon (WMF) (talk) 02:59, 1 March 2018 (UTC)
- @Seddon (WMF): I was about to suggest the same. Please display the notice three stints of two weeks in the beginning of every month. --Ravi (talk) 13:51, 1 March 2018 (UTC)
- Yes, two weeks at the beginning of every month will work. Regards, Krishna Chaitanya Velaga (talk — mail) 06:01, 2 March 2018 (UTC)