CentralNotice/Request/Wikipedia Asian Month 2017
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Wikipedia Asian Month 2017
- , primary contact (Requested at 01:26, 3 November 2017 (UTC))
|Central Notice Settings|
What countries will your campaign target?
What is the purpose of Campaign? How will you measure the success of the campaign?
- @Base: please investigate why the banner is currently ALL CAPS (at least in Russian, can’t say about other languages). This looks very bad. stjn[ru] 19:36, 7 November 2017 (UTC)
- In Hebrew wikipedia the banner show 2016, need to change to 2017, but i cannot find where i can update the translation. - yona B. (D) 12:53, 8 November 2017 (UTC)
- Thanks for reporting, I have fixed it a couple of hours ago so it should be fine now. Other languages do not actually specify the year in the message, so I did not check for this in this message when reusing last year's. If there is anything else to fix you can submit translations here. --Base (talk) 14:47, 8 November 2017 (UTC)
- The English language message should not include the word "the". "This November is Wikipedia Asian Month." is the standard way to express this message in English, as "Wikipedia Asian Month" is a proper noun. (Is this the right place to get this fixed? This mistake has been driving me nuts but I'm not familiar with the innards of Wikipedia notices.) --184.108.40.206 21:53, 9 November 2017 (UTC)
Central Notice Admin comments
- 20 impressions over 604800 seconds is absurdly high, it means one can be exposed to the banner thousands of times during the month. I suggest 2 impressions over 1209600 seconds (14 days). --Nemo 08:05, 13 November 2017 (UTC)