Jump to navigation Jump to search
This informative page gives guidelines and conventions used on the MeatballWiki (and other similar wikis) for "clean linking". They don't really apply directly to Wikimedia wikis based on MediaWiki.
Clean linking makes it possible for any kind of links on any kind of wiki to:
- use a Wikilandia-wide syntax (CommunityWiki: Wiki syntax) and hence look alike or at least very similar, regardless which engine the wiki runs on.
- be orthographically and grammatically correct.
- eliminate any use of camel-case spelling from the read mode.
- translate the name of a page into different languages, which is essential for true multilingual pages. CommunityWiki: Multilingual experiment
Recommendations on the use to unify Wikilandia
Internal clean linking
- This is a clean link to the Recent changes here. It shows the recently changed pages of this wiki. Both links point to the same page. Jüngste Änderungen is German for "recent changes" and points to this page as well.
External clean linking using the URL of a page
- You put the name of the wiki + colon + space in front of the name of the clean link.
This page here exists on several other wiki running different engines to show how easy it could be. We first make clean links to each of these pages using the pages URL and then using near links. You'll recognize no difference between them unless you look at the page in edit-mode.
- MeatballWiki: Clean linking, engine: UseModWiki
- GründerWiki: Clean linking, engine: ProWiki