Communication Projects Group/Meetings/2008-03-12

From Meta, a Wikimedia project coordination wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search
12 Mar 2008 20:35:01< seanw> Right, okay guys, here we go
12 Mar 2008 20:35:03 *  seanw bangs the gavel
12 Mar 2008 20:35:26< seanw> So, it's good to see so many people here, I was thinking we could do this meeting in two parts.
12 Mar 2008 20:35:43< jayansonvv> sorry - we're logging this right?
12 Mar 2008 20:35:46< seanw> 1) Jay introduces himself to those who don't know him and also introduces his various ideas for how ComProj can help Wikimedia
12 Mar 2008 20:35:48< seanw> jayansonvv, yup
12 Mar 2008 20:35:50< jayansonvv> k
12 Mar 2008 20:36:09< seanw> 2) We have a bit of a brainstorm of things that the non-Jay part of ComProj think we can do.
12 Mar 2008 20:36:15< seanw> Any objections? :)
12 Mar 2008 20:36:35< kibble> nope
12 Mar 2008 20:36:39< seanw> Bah
12 Mar 2008 20:36:41< seanw> Ruined the silence.
12 Mar 2008 20:36:42< Scream> none here g/a
12 Mar 2008 20:36:48< Danny_B> no objections
12 Mar 2008 20:36:49< seanw> Okay then
12 Mar 2008 20:36:53< loco085> nope at the moment :p
12 Mar 2008 20:36:54< seanw> jayansonvv, you have teh floor!
12 Mar 2008 20:36:59< jayansonvv> grand
12 Mar 2008 20:37:13< jayansonvv> first - who do I know here, if i may ask?  IRC nicks and all. i know sean, kibble... cary
12 Mar 2008 20:37:38< jayansonvv> don't all speak up at once :)
12 Mar 2008 20:37:40< seanw> dungodung is Filip
12 Mar 2008 20:37:42< Scream> I'm Scream [[en:User:NonvocalScream.
12 Mar 2008 20:37:45< Scream> I'm Scream [[en:User:NonvocalScream]]
12 Mar 2008 20:37:45< unilinky> http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/en:User:NonvocalScream
12 Mar 2008 20:37:53< jayansonvv> scream - yes i remember
12 Mar 2008 20:37:55 *  Danny_B doesn't know jayansonvv and supposes he doesn't know him
12 Mar 2008 20:37:56< jayansonvv> nicks are fine
12 Mar 2008 20:37:57<  seanw> Martinp23 is Martin Peeks
12 Mar 2008 20:37:58< jayansonvv> k
12 Mar 2008 20:38:07< bastique> unilinky is a bot
12 Mar 2008 20:38:14< bastique> Danny B is a Czech
12 Mar 2008 20:38:15< dungodung> _o/
12 Mar 2008 20:38:18< jayansonvv> I'm not asking for actual names, just a check in
12 Mar 2008 20:38:20< jayansonvv> kay
12 Mar 2008 20:38:23< bastique> jayansonvv is Jay Walsh
12 Mar 2008 20:38:30< jayansonvv> don't be so sure
12 Mar 2008 20:38:34< jayansonvv> okay - that's cool
12 Mar 2008 20:38:35< seanw> jayansonvv, a quick intro of yourself might benefit some of us.
12 Mar 2008 20:38:36 *  loco085 is Leandro Kibisz (but nobody knows him)
12 Mar 2008 20:38:37< Scream> bastique is Cary Bass
12 Mar 2008 20:38:39< jayansonvv> yes, it's coming
12 Mar 2008 20:38:44< dungodung> hi jay! I'm doing a lot of stuff XD
12 Mar 2008 20:38:51< jayansonvv> alright - so let me take it from there
12 Mar 2008 20:38:51 *  bastique thinks to drag Sandy here :)
12 Mar 2008 20:38:59< jayansonvv> let her rest another day :)
12 Mar 2008 20:39:00 *  loco085 miss sandy :'(
12 Mar 2008 20:39:10< jayansonvv> I'm the foundation's new communications manager
12 Mar 2008 20:39:24< loco085> nice to meet you, jayansonvv :)
12 Mar 2008 20:39:32< jayansonvv> and just for the record, that's basically the paid person who manages all the in/out communications work for the foundation
12 Mar 2008 20:39:39< Markie996> darn /me missed his chance
12 Mar 2008 20:39:59< jayansonvv> I'm the spokesperson, project manager for internal/external communications tool (think media vs. community)
12 Mar 2008 20:40:29< jayansonvv> I help in writing a lot of our press releases (and so do you some of you) and in general I'm tasked with supporting the foundation and staff in creating our public face for WMF
12 Mar 2008 20:41:08< jayansonvv> A big part of that right now is managing media relations, as I'm sure some of you are aware.  Getting the story right and making sure people know what's going on, answering questions, making sure we are trransparent, fair, professional in the media realm
12 Mar 2008 20:41:41< jayansonvv> And it's a pretty wild job, because obviously we have people interested in us, and WP, from all over the world
12 Mar 2008 20:42:01< seanw> (Sandy's unavailability for ComProj meetings was often due to this)
12 Mar 2008 20:42:22< jayansonvv> millions of articles, much more readers, thousands of active editors - lots of conflicting view points, but all in all, isn't it an awesome thing we're doing?
12 Mar 2008 20:42:23-!- winter [n=45164fee@gateway/web/cgi-irc/wikizine.org/x-108e362940cd2f00] has joined #wikimedia-cpg
12 Mar 2008 20:42:27< jayansonvv> this whole free knowledge thing - the world is excited about this
12 Mar 2008 20:42:34< jayansonvv> hi winter, please leave Ottawa alone
12 Mar 2008 20:42:36< bastique> loco085: Sandy is contributing to Wikinews
12 Mar 2008 20:42:43< winter> lol
12 Mar 2008 20:42:47< jayansonvv> Sandy's done spectacular work, btw
12 Mar 2008 20:42:51< loco085> yes i watching her in wikinews bastique  :)
12 Mar 2008 20:43:01< jayansonvv> and she's handed me some hot reins to keep the work going
12 Mar 2008 20:43:14< jayansonvv> and, obviously it's crazy for one paid person to do all of this
12 Mar 2008 20:43:21< loco085> bastique:  is she in Miami?
12 Mar 2008 20:43:27< bastique> loco085: still in Tampa AFAIK
12 Mar 2008 20:43:28< jayansonvv> i could sort of do it with a staff of about 5
12 Mar 2008 20:43:31< seanw> Which is why we have a) comcom b) comproj
12 Mar 2008 20:43:33< jayansonvv> she's in tampa
12 Mar 2008 20:43:38 *  Danny_B doesn't know who's sandy :-(
12 Mar 2008 20:43:43< seanw> dungodung, WIi_BLue
12 Mar 2008 20:43:45< seanw> er
12 Mar 2008 20:43:46< seanw> Wiki_Blue
12 Mar 2008 20:43:47< jayansonvv> sandy is the former communications person
12 Mar 2008 20:43:51< seanw> Danny_B*
12 Mar 2008 20:43:53 *  seanw can't type.
12 Mar 2008 20:43:56 *  loco085 wants to visit Sandy when will go to the States :D
12 Mar 2008 20:44:01< jayansonvv> Alors...
12 Mar 2008 20:44:08< jayansonvv> There is this thing called ComCom, which most of you know about
12 Mar 2008 20:44:09 *  dungodung kicks seanw :P
12 Mar 2008 20:44:41< jayansonvv> and there's this great thing called comproj, and from my view these are dedicated, smart, intelligent groups of volunteers who want to help WMF reach its goals in communicating with the public and within the community
12 Mar 2008 20:44:51< winter> sorry, but the comproj meeting is @ 8 pm EST right?
12 Mar 2008 20:44:55< Danny_B> jayansonvv, may i have questions during your speech or you prefer after?
12 Mar 2008 20:45:02< seanw> winter, it's right now
12 Mar 2008 20:45:07< winter> great
12 Mar 2008 20:45:10< winter> thanks
12 Mar 2008 20:45:13< seanw> Welcome :)
12 Mar 2008 20:45:18< jayansonvv> uh - let's hold on for 2 more spiels from me
12 Mar 2008 20:45:37< jayansonvv> Essentially there is a monstrous amount of cool stuff we could do. you all have some great ideas, and so does comcom
12 Mar 2008 20:46:12< jayansonvv> but most pressing, there is some really basic work i want to unleash in the next few months to get us up to speed in the normal world of communications for a web organization
12 Mar 2008 20:46:26< jayansonvv> blog, RSS, reorg of our information on the WMF wiki, internal promotion - that sort of thing
12 Mar 2008 20:46:45< jayansonvv> so that's where your help comes in.  Some of it is basic tough work, some is making new ideas happen
12 Mar 2008 20:47:14< jayansonvv> But my hope is that we can do the really simple, important parts first, then move onto more ambitious work
12 Mar 2008 20:47:19< jayansonvv> And last thing :)
12 Mar 2008 20:47:59< jayansonvv> This kind of work is cutting edge, it's awesome stuff - if i had the chance to hire 5 people, I'd expect them to know about the sorts of things we'll be doing.  so you're really getting the skills/experience that put you way out front in the workign world
12 Mar 2008 20:48:16< jayansonvv> i know you don't necessarily do it for that, but i have to say it. you're really highly skilled people
12 Mar 2008 20:48:23< jayansonvv> (or so I'm led to believe :) and I do
12 Mar 2008 20:48:30< jayansonvv> that's it for now - ask away
12 Mar 2008 20:48:43< bastique> loco085: where's our Argentinian artiste these days?
12 Mar 2008 20:48:54< loco085> mushii bastique ?
12 Mar 2008 20:48:58< bastique> yes
12 Mar 2008 20:49:12< loco085> she is in her house :)
12 Mar 2008 20:49:17< loco085> i have her in msn
12 Mar 2008 20:49:24< bastique> oh, she should join :)
12 Mar 2008 20:49:40< winter> I have a question, and I am sorry if it seems a bit silly, but
12 Mar 2008 20:49:47< loco085> let me see if she is online now :P or i'll send an offline msg
12 Mar 2008 20:49:49< jayansonvv> step one, for sure, is to encourage people you know to join this list and throw their ideas into the mix
12 Mar 2008 20:49:54< jayansonvv> sure
12 Mar 2008 20:49:57< kibble> winter, wassup?
12 Mar 2008 20:50:06< winter> I feel like I am jumping into something in the middle of a really big thing and I wanted to know if
12 Mar 2008 20:50:15< bastique> winter you set your own pace
12 Mar 2008 20:50:25< bastique> It's like yoga
12 Mar 2008 20:50:26< winter> there is a page or something where I can read and get a good overview of whats going on
12 Mar 2008 20:50:29< winter> whos who
12 Mar 2008 20:50:31< winter> etc
12 Mar 2008 20:50:39< kibble> bastique, haha
12 Mar 2008 20:50:40< jayansonvv> brilliant point
12 Mar 2008 20:50:41< Scream> jayansonvv question
12 Mar 2008 20:50:43< winter> like soemthing that would bring me up to speed
12 Mar 2008 20:50:48< seanw> jayansonvv, ComProj has tried a large number of project organisation systems on meta. I suspect we need a new one, for example to answer winter's question. Any thoughts on this? By doing it first it would make things better :)
12 Mar 2008 20:50:51< kibble> bastique, nice analogy ;-)
12 Mar 2008 20:50:58< Danny_B> let me throw in my question, which is related
12 Mar 2008 20:51:02< jayansonvv> here's my thought - and it might address winter
12 Mar 2008 20:51:38< Danny_B> i actually had it here on the first meeting, but unaswered - what is the difference between cc and cpg
12 Mar 2008 20:51:40< jayansonvv> let's look at the work as I see it first, and tackle it, and then think about how we can use meta to tell that story. i know there is some dated info about comproj and comcom out there.  none of it appears to be right up to speed
12 Mar 2008 20:51:50< jayansonvv> i can field that, i think
12 Mar 2008 20:52:01< kibble> Danny_B, comcom is a more "official" committee of the Board and cpg is an unofficial group of people
12 Mar 2008 20:52:08< bastique> kibble: let jay talk :)
12 Mar 2008 20:52:15< kibble> bastique, does he know the answer? :-)
12 Mar 2008 20:52:27< kibble> Danny_B, but I'm sure seanw has a better answer than I :-)
12 Mar 2008 20:52:30< Scream> jayansonvv
12 Mar 2008 20:52:33< jayansonvv> comcom, if you're wondering, is a closed list whose membership includes long-standing members involved in the PR work from early days, as well as press contacts from each of the chapters
12 Mar 2008 20:52:35< brianmc_> There is some overlap, I'm also on ComCom
12 Mar 2008 20:52:52-!- brianmc_ is now known as brianmc
12 Mar 2008 20:52:58< Scream> What kind of work do you envision Comproj doing, and what is our first goal?
12 Mar 2008 20:53:07< Markie996> nice of you to join us brianmc :-p
12 Mar 2008 20:53:16< Danny_B> well, the obvious question pops up: why do we have two groups?
12 Mar 2008 20:53:20< Scream> invision*
12 Mar 2008 20:53:25< jayansonvv> imho, comcom is about more 'policy' direction - i.e. ideas about specific issues might be discussed and discussions about approaches might come out of that
12 Mar 2008 20:53:26< seanw> The idea of ComProj was to get more people involved in PR where confidentiality is not required.
12 Mar 2008 20:53:36< jayansonvv> yes - good question
12 Mar 2008 20:53:51< jayansonvv> i think that's part of it sean
12 Mar 2008 20:53:55< seanw> There is a need for both in order to have easy access and involvement with ComProj, and the necessary trust of ComCom :)
12 Mar 2008 20:54:15< jayansonvv> i also see one as being a 'counsel' of sorts, we we talk shop
12 Mar 2008 20:54:22< jayansonvv> but that doesn't mean we can't here
12 Mar 2008 20:54:53< jayansonvv> And I don't want people to think being on comcom is an exclusive amazing thing. folks there may not have the time to offer their energy to push projects
12 Mar 2008 20:55:27< jayansonvv> but they do have energy to offer historical opinions about what's worked or hasn't in PR since the beginning, or they might know a reporter who we want to bring to the table
12 Mar 2008 20:55:50 *  kibble pokes Danny_B in pm
12 Mar 2008 20:55:53-!- winter [n=45164fee@gateway/web/cgi-irc/wikizine.org/x-108e362940cd2f00] has quit ["CGI:IRC (Ping timeout)"]
12 Mar 2008 20:55:56< loco085> :O
12 Mar 2008 20:56:05< Scream>  
12 Mar 2008 20:56:06< brianmc> It also generally means you're privvy to what comes in to the OTRS press queue, so you have ideas what are common queries
12 Mar 2008 20:56:12< jayansonvv> right
12 Mar 2008 20:56:30< bastique> [1:56pm] Scream:   incompatible encoding
12 Mar 2008 20:56:36< jayansonvv> i don't think there's necessarily a logical notion of one group leading to the other
12 Mar 2008 20:57:03< Scream> huh?
12 Mar 2008 20:57:06-!- winter_ [n=45164fee@gateway/web/cgi-irc/wikizine.org/x-9b366e4f8c1a56e5] has joined #wikimedia-cpg
12 Mar 2008 20:57:10< jayansonvv> i suspect people in comproj want to actually be more active in promoting, in writing, in driving projects that help us achieve goals - in short, i think goals are what I can offer comproj
12 Mar 2008 20:57:37< Scream> What would be the largest goal on your mind for Comproj?
12 Mar 2008 20:57:46< Scream> bastique sorry, I think I typed a special char.
12 Mar 2008 20:57:58< Scream> jayansonvv that one was for you.
12 Mar 2008 20:57:58< bastique> a UTF-8 incompatable charactger
12 Mar 2008 20:58:06< jayansonvv> Helping us promote what's going on in the WMF community to the community and the public
12 Mar 2008 20:58:11< brianmc> my current goal that would be ComProj related as opposed to ComCom would be getting a Wikinews presence at Wikimania
12 Mar 2008 20:58:50< jayansonvv> i wanted to imply that I don't think comproj is a group that you go to before comcom, i don't see it that way. I know some people will only ever want to do one thing over another. some just want to help and do - and I know they'll wnat to be a part of this
12 Mar 2008 20:59:01< jayansonvv> that's a fine goal
12 Mar 2008 20:59:01< bastique> Two separate groups
12 Mar 2008 20:59:16< jayansonvv> wikinews is a project, so maybe it can be supported in some fashion
12 Mar 2008 20:59:29< Danny_B> jayansonvv: which group is involved in web related stuff?
12 Mar 2008 20:59:33< seanw> Seperate but workiong together when appropraite.
12 Mar 2008 20:59:38< jayansonvv> I would say comproj
12 Mar 2008 20:59:50 *  loco085 loves wikinews
12 Mar 2008 21:00:04< jayansonvv> does that 'goal' make sense to people
12 Mar 2008 21:00:13< jayansonvv> and blog, rss, otehr stuff we're working on is about promotion
12 Mar 2008 21:00:35< Danny_B> so is the look of pages, right?
12 Mar 2008 21:00:38< Scream> So, we are going to need folks with the know how, to start up RSS, blog, and whatnot?
12 Mar 2008 21:00:39< jayansonvv> promotion is a big, big concept - but it's somewhat different from what comcom does when working with me - they help us think about issues and media work predominantly
12 Mar 2008 21:01:00< jayansonvv> not necessarily, a lot of it will be working in the wikis to notify people
12 Mar 2008 21:01:15< jayansonvv> it might also involve giving people in this group some ideas about how to talk about our work on other blogs
12 Mar 2008 21:01:34< jayansonvv> using the village pumps, maybe. it's still coming together
12 Mar 2008 21:01:41< seanw> ComCom is also about taking some of Jay's load of answering press enquiries, although admittedly that is not done too well at times.
12 Mar 2008 21:01:47< seanw> (i.e. Jay still has loads!)
12 Mar 2008 21:02:06< brianmc> I try and keep the press queue in single digits
12 Mar 2008 21:02:08-!- winter_ [n=45164fee@gateway/web/cgi-irc/wikizine.org/x-9b366e4f8c1a56e5] has quit ["CGI:IRC (Ping timeout)"]
12 Mar 2008 21:02:10< jayansonvv> this is true - OTRS via comcom does some of that
12 Mar 2008 21:02:29< guillom|busy> can anybody sum up what you folks are talking about please ?
12 Mar 2008 21:02:30< jayansonvv> and it saves me alot of time - it is a greeat thing to have
12 Mar 2008 21:02:46< jayansonvv> is this france chapter guillom?
12 Mar 2008 21:02:47 *  Danny_B would have an organisational suggestion: should we start cpg.wikimedia.org wiki?
12 Mar 2008 21:02:57< jayansonvv> not yet, imho :)
12 Mar 2008 21:03:04< bastique> en français?
12 Mar 2008 21:03:04< guillom|busy> jayansonvv, this is french chapter-marketing committee guillom :)
12 Mar 2008 21:03:10< jayansonvv> yay, salut
12 Mar 2008 21:03:14< Danny_B> jayansonvv: why not?
12 Mar 2008 21:03:14< guillom|busy> hiho
12 Mar 2008 21:03:20< loco085> hi guillom|busy  :)
12 Mar 2008 21:03:25< seanw> Danny_B, I would say that keeping on meta makes more sense
12 Mar 2008 21:03:34< seanw> When Sandy came there was internal, meta, the comcom wiki... it was just too confusing.
12 Mar 2008 21:03:43< jayansonvv> only because i'd like onlist, and here perhaps, to think about some good goals before anyone spends time making a wiki
12 Mar 2008 21:03:46< seanw> She spent her first months bringing stuff into a few places.
12 Mar 2008 21:03:51< jayansonvv> right
12 Mar 2008 21:04:01< seanw> Meta seems like as good a place as any.
12 Mar 2008 21:04:07< seanw> It keeps everything in one place.
12 Mar 2008 21:04:09< Danny_B> meta is so overloaded
12 Mar 2008 21:04:09< guillom|busy> what's the topic op the current discussion?
12 Mar 2008 21:04:12< jayansonvv> guillom - we're talking about differences between comcom and comproj
12 Mar 2008 21:04:20< guillom|busy> jayansonvv, ok, thanks
12 Mar 2008 21:04:24< guillom|busy> well
12 Mar 2008 21:04:34< brianmc> As a total non-sequitur, Sandy now has a part-time job as a freelance consultant
12 Mar 2008 21:05:02< jayansonvv> that's right, which is great for anyone who could use her help
12 Mar 2008 21:05:04< jayansonvv> she'll be busy :)
12 Mar 2008 21:05:18< guillom|busy> if i may give an opinion, comcom is more oriented about strategy and press requests ; comproj is more a bunch of volunteers supposed to help the head of communications when he needs help on specific matters
12 Mar 2008 21:05:28< jayansonvv> on one wiki i've already seen that members have listed the skills they're good at
12 Mar 2008 21:05:43< jayansonvv> that's a pretty decent summation
12 Mar 2008 21:05:47 *  kibble nods at guillom|busy, basically we were "sandy's slaves <small>but we do other stuff!</small>" :-P
12 Mar 2008 21:05:52< seanw> jayansonvv, it was an attempt at organisation
12 Mar 2008 21:06:17< jayansonvv> and i'd propose that with a broad goal for this group, that being 'promotion' we can look at our work and make sure it fits within that.
12 Mar 2008 21:06:24< loco085> bastique:  can mushii come?
12 Mar 2008 21:06:28< bastique> sure
12 Mar 2008 21:06:29< bastique> where?
12 Mar 2008 21:06:34< loco085> here :P
12 Mar 2008 21:06:38< bastique> sure
12 Mar 2008 21:06:41< bastique> it's an open channel;
12 Mar 2008 21:06:43< seanw> jayansonvv, that makes a lot of sense and would indeed make things easier for us.
12 Mar 2008 21:07:01< jayansonvv> that way you can sort of ask 'is this promotion?' and if it's not, well maybe we can make sure it is
12 Mar 2008 21:07:02-!- Mushii [i=Mushii@wikipedia/Mushii] has joined #wikimedia-cpg
12 Mar 2008 21:07:07< loco085> Mushii:  :)
12 Mar 2008 21:07:07< Mushii> Hello ^^
12 Mar 2008 21:07:15< bastique> Mushii welcome
12 Mar 2008 21:07:20< Mushii> Hi bastique, long time no see. ^^
12 Mar 2008 21:07:23 *  bastique <3 teddy-drini
12 Mar 2008 21:07:27< jayansonvv> later we might broaden that goal, but for now it makes sense. it's very broad
12 Mar 2008 21:07:31< Mushii> XDDDD oh dear
12 Mar 2008 21:07:35< loco085> :O bastique knows the teddy drini?
12 Mar 2008 21:07:40< brianmc> So, as a group working on promotion do we want to do things like leaflets and fliers for bold Wikimedians who want to commandeer their local library for the next EWW?
12 Mar 2008 21:07:43< guillom|busy> jayansonvv, would you detail a bit what you mean by 'promotion' ?
12 Mar 2008 21:08:10< guillom|busy> brianmc, well, that's what i'm supposed to do
12 Mar 2008 21:08:17< kibble> :-)
12 Mar 2008 21:08:17< brianmc> heh
12 Mar 2008 21:08:18< guillom|busy> and that's what i do when i'm asked
12 Mar 2008 21:08:21< kibble> marketing com :-P
12 Mar 2008 21:08:44< guillom|busy> i've almost finished the new press kit for the foundation (still working with jay on a few tweaks)
12 Mar 2008 21:09:15< brianmc> should we run EWW more than once a year?
12 Mar 2008 21:09:27< guillom|busy> we should rather run it once but run it well
12 Mar 2008 21:09:41< kibble> brianmc, we'd need to publicize it better....
12 Mar 2008 21:09:43< Mushii> Could be twice a year to get it running.
12 Mar 2008 21:09:52< kibble> we should at least get one good one before we try to make more :-)
12 Mar 2008 21:10:32-!- jayansonvv_ [n=jayanson@70.54.234.106] has joined #wikimedia-cpg
12 Mar 2008 21:10:34< Mushii> kibble: I have knowledge of 2 activities for EWW in Meta, but nothing else.
12 Mar 2008 21:10:43< jayansonvv_> damn
12 Mar 2008 21:10:45< jayansonvv_> sorry folks, i'm in a starbucks
12 Mar 2008 21:10:45< guillom|busy> last EWW was quite a bit a disaster because nobody knew what to do ; comproj could brainstorm and propose events to replicate around the world
12 Mar 2008 21:10:46< kibble> Mushii, did they ever happen?
12 Mar 2008 21:10:47< Mushii> At least, that's what I publically saw
12 Mar 2008 21:10:51< jayansonvv_> can someoen recap to 5:08
12 Mar 2008 21:10:54 *  kibble nods at guillom|busy 
12 Mar 2008 21:10:54-!- jayansonvv [n=jayanson@70.54.234.106] has quit [Read error: 113 (No route to host)]
12 Mar 2008 21:10:55< guillom|busy> and the marketing com could help making the relevant documents
12 Mar 2008 21:10:58< Mushii> kibble: no idea
12 Mar 2008 21:11:07< jayansonvv_> aie
12 Mar 2008 21:11:16< jayansonvv_> this isn't me
12 Mar 2008 21:11:22< kibble> Mushii, cary asked me to see if anything happened a while ago and I could find anything :-(
12 Mar 2008 21:11:26< bastique> [2:07pm] brianmc: So, as a group working on promotion do we want to do things like leaflets and fliers for bold Wikimedians who want to commandeer their local library for the next EWW?
12 Mar 2008 21:11:27< bastique> [2:07pm] guillom|busy: jayansonvv, would you detail a bit what you mean by 'promotion' ?
12 Mar 2008 21:11:27< bastique> [2:08pm] guillom|busy: brianmc, well, that's what i'm supposed to do
12 Mar 2008 21:11:37< kibble> could not*
12 Mar 2008 21:11:37< bastique>  
12 Mar 2008 21:11:37< bastique> [2:08pm] guillom|busy: i've almost finished the new press kit for the foundation (still working with jay on a few tweaks)
12 Mar 2008 21:11:39< jayansonvv_> kay
12 Mar 2008 21:11:49< bastique> [2:10pm] Mushii: kibble: I have knowledge of 2 activities for EWW in Meta, but nothing else.
12 Mar 2008 21:11:53< bastique> [2:10pm] guillom|busy: last EWW was quite a bit a disaster because nobody knew what to do ; comproj could brainstorm and propose events to replicate around the world
12 Mar 2008 21:12:01< bastique> oh
12 Mar 2008 21:12:05< jayansonvv_> what's eww?
12 Mar 2008 21:12:06< Mushii> kibble: I only saw the announcements done in meta, but no photos or recaps of the events whatsoever
12 Mar 2008 21:12:08< jayansonvv_> thanks cary
12 Mar 2008 21:12:11< guillom|busy> Edit Wikipedia Week
12 Mar 2008 21:12:15< jayansonvv_> right
12 Mar 2008 21:12:24< Scream> Could someone expand the acronym EWW for me? :)
12 Mar 2008 21:12:26< kibble> [[m:Edit Wikipedia Week]]
12 Mar 2008 21:12:26< unilinky> http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/m:Edit_Wikipedia_Week
12 Mar 2008 21:12:27< jayansonvv_> just to expound a bit :)
12 Mar 2008 21:12:29< brianmc> It should be Edit Wiki Week, there are other projects
12 Mar 2008 21:12:57< jayansonvv_> There is a whole lot of stuff that happens on WMF projects, awareness of which doesn't really make it into the blogsphere or main stream media
12 Mar 2008 21:13:02< guillom|busy> brianmc, right, that was sue's decision iirc because they wanted to attract attention
12 Mar 2008 21:13:04 *  kibble stabs unilinky - [[Edit Wikipedia Week]]
12 Mar 2008 21:13:25< bastique> [[EWW]
12 Mar 2008 21:13:29< bastique> [[EWW]]
12 Mar 2008 21:13:30< unilinky> http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/EWW
12 Mar 2008 21:13:46< Scream> no exist
12 Mar 2008 21:13:53< kibble> Scream, the one I pointed out does
12 Mar 2008 21:13:56< bastique> does now
12 Mar 2008 21:14:01< kibble> heh
12 Mar 2008 21:14:02< Mushii> http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Edit_Wikipedia_Week
12 Mar 2008 21:14:04< Mushii> There
12 Mar 2008 21:14:43< Mushii> Maryland and Reed college. And I had a request to get the poster translated in neederlands
12 Mar 2008 21:15:02< Mushii> Buuut, no activity posted.
12 Mar 2008 21:15:46< brianmc> I got funny looks going round KUL putting up posters.
12 Mar 2008 21:16:09-!- jayansonvv [n=jayanson@70.54.234.106] has joined #wikimedia-cpg
12 Mar 2008 21:16:12< Mushii> Reason? Bad idea or bad design?
12 Mar 2008 21:16:18< jayansonvv> and i think this group can be a motivator of great discussions in many communities. we can help spread the word. with good products (like the work guillom has done)
12 Mar 2008 21:16:21< jayansonvv> my freaking nerves
12 Mar 2008 21:16:31< jayansonvv> sorry all
12 Mar 2008 21:16:39-!- HBYYB [n=felix@wikipedia/dungodung] has joined #wikimedia-cpg
12 Mar 2008 21:16:46 *  kibble huggles filip
12 Mar 2008 21:16:47< brianmc> No, I was wearing my tailored ankle-length coat and fedora. :P
12 Mar 2008 21:16:56< Mushii> ¬¬
12 Mar 2008 21:17:18-!- jayansonvv_ [n=jayanson@70.54.234.106] has quit [Read error: 113 (No route to host)]
12 Mar 2008 21:17:26< jayansonvv> can i float one item while i still have net left in me :)
12 Mar 2008 21:17:34 *  kibble nods, shoot
12 Mar 2008 21:17:41< bastique> Please do
12 Mar 2008 21:17:55 *  HBYYB huggles casey
12 Mar 2008 21:17:58< kibble> :-D
12 Mar 2008 21:18:03 *  bastique huggles filip
12 Mar 2008 21:18:11< jayansonvv> this method of communication is great to get together, but are people also comfortable with the list?
12 Mar 2008 21:18:17 *  HBYYB huggles cary
12 Mar 2008 21:18:20< bastique> I certainly am
12 Mar 2008 21:18:21-!- dungodung [n=felix@wikipedia/dungodung] has quit [Nick collision from services.]
12 Mar 2008 21:18:26 *  kibble likes the mailing list
12 Mar 2008 21:18:27-!- HBYYB is now known as dungodung
12 Mar 2008 21:18:39< Markie996> aye, mailinglists are good imo
12 Mar 2008 21:18:46< jayansonvv> from a practicality standpoint I'm hoping that I can float work 'oppotunities' if you will, out there for discussion and response
12 Mar 2008 21:18:58 *  kibble sures
12 Mar 2008 21:19:02< jayansonvv> none of it will be crazy time sensitive
12 Mar 2008 21:19:22< jayansonvv> but it might be something like "contact me if you can assist with project x, or let's discuss ideas on the list"
12 Mar 2008 21:19:39 *  kibble nods, sandy did that type of thing
12 Mar 2008 21:19:42< jayansonvv> and maybe Sean, or someone - if someone can lead this part, you could stay cc'ed on stuff like that to keep track of who's doing what?
12 Mar 2008 21:19:53< seanw> eeek
12 Mar 2008 21:19:56< bastique> sounds like a volunteer coordinator's job
12 Mar 2008 21:20:00< jayansonvv> because the part I can't well manage is knowing who's doing what... I'm interested in that
12 Mar 2008 21:20:00< seanw> Sorry, I drifted a bit, give me a second :)
12 Mar 2008 21:20:01< jayansonvv> maybe!
12 Mar 2008 21:20:02< kibble> heh
12 Mar 2008 21:20:02 *  bastique wonders who around here does that
12 Mar 2008 21:20:03< seanw> To read up
12 Mar 2008 21:20:23< jayansonvv> cary you'd be darling to assist with that :) and maybe that's the best way to get things kicked off?
12 Mar 2008 21:20:35< seanw> Okay.
12 Mar 2008 21:20:39< bastique> sure
12 Mar 2008 21:20:43< seanw> bastique, okay, take over my job :P
12 Mar 2008 21:20:48 *  guillom|busy has *just* understood jayansonvv is actually *the* jay walsh
12 Mar 2008 21:20:49< bastique> oh no
12 Mar 2008 21:21:10< kibble> guillom|busy, haha
12 Mar 2008 21:21:10< jayansonvv> or you guys could work together :)
12 Mar 2008 21:21:11< bastique> seanw: you're much better at organizing
12 Mar 2008 21:21:11< seanw> jayansonvv, I am glad you like mailing lists. Sandy didn't much.
12 Mar 2008 21:21:11 *  kibble huggles guillom|busy and tells him he's been working too hard
12 Mar 2008 21:21:11< seanw> bastique, so do you want me to do it or you?
12 Mar 2008 21:21:11< Mushii> Sounds like you need loooooots of time for it?
12 Mar 2008 21:21:14< jayansonvv> I don't mind them, as long as people are nice (and we will be) and we're productive
12 Mar 2008 21:21:27< bastique> actually, I'm only responding to a small bit of what Jay said
12 Mar 2008 21:21:34< guillom|busy> jayansonvv, sorry, i didn't know you were the jay i've been talking about by emails! :D
12 Mar 2008 21:21:36< bastique> so I'll quiet back into the background
12 Mar 2008 21:21:41< kibble> jayansonvv, gah, so no foundation-l? :-P
12 Mar 2008 21:21:45< jayansonvv> no problem guillom :) c'est moi
12 Mar 2008 21:22:01< guillom|busy> :)
12 Mar 2008 21:22:05< jayansonvv> yeah, we can be like foundation-l, but a model of productivity :0
12 Mar 2008 21:22:08< jayansonvv> er, :)
12 Mar 2008 21:22:12< kibble> heh
12 Mar 2008 21:22:12< Markie996> foundation-l?? you mean bilge-l
12 Mar 2008 21:22:12< brianmc> brion seems to have been tag-teamed to deal with foundation-l at the moment
12 Mar 2008 21:22:20< kibble> jayansonvv, we don't /want/ to be foundation-l :-P
12 Mar 2008 21:22:26< jayansonvv> natch
12 Mar 2008 21:22:46< jayansonvv> here's another thing
12 Mar 2008 21:22:56< jayansonvv> if we find volunteers who want to help - this is the list they should join
12 Mar 2008 21:23:11 *  kibble nods
12 Mar 2008 21:23:14< jayansonvv> i might run into a fabulous PR person in the street or a writer or who knows what, and i'll ask them to join this list
12 Mar 2008 21:23:28< jayansonvv> so understand that we might not be filled just with wikipedians or wikimedians
12 Mar 2008 21:23:35< kibble> yeah, and be nice :-)
12 Mar 2008 21:23:38< jayansonvv> some might have zero experience in WP, but want to help
12 Mar 2008 21:23:52< jayansonvv> and outside help is good - external perspectives are very good
12 Mar 2008 21:24:06-!- Scream [n=Scream@unaffiliated/scream] has quit [Nick collision from services.]
12 Mar 2008 21:24:19-!- Scream [n=Scream@unaffiliated/scream] has joined #wikimedia-cpg
12 Mar 2008 21:24:27< jayansonvv> so do we want to quickly talka bout the big first piece?
12 Mar 2008 21:24:35< jayansonvv> I have about 25 more minutes before I gotta split
12 Mar 2008 21:24:39< Markie996> yeah go for it
12 Mar 2008 21:24:48< Scream> Sorry folks, I disconnected a xx:16 - Can someone pastebin me a log?
12 Mar 2008 21:25:08< jayansonvv> he big piece we have coming up is the foundation blog
12 Mar 2008 21:25:15< kibble> sounds fun, jay
12 Mar 2008 21:25:17< jayansonvv> like the fundraising blog, but it will be much more general
12 Mar 2008 21:25:31< jayansonvv> we need this, and if you want an example (like it or not) look at apple or google's blog
12 Mar 2008 21:25:58< jayansonvv> it's a conversational way to talk about what we're doing, what our 'friends' are doing, what might not warrant a full press release
12 Mar 2008 21:26:04< kibble> yeah
12 Mar 2008 21:26:41< jayansonvv> eventually we do want to have mediawiki functionality, but it will be word press for now
12 Mar 2008 21:27:02< jayansonvv> I'm screwing around with word press to see if we can adjust blog.wikimedia.org to look a bit more like the WMF site
12 Mar 2008 21:27:02 *  Markie996 thinks angela had a wiki style blog set up
12 Mar 2008 21:27:08< kibble> word press is fine
12 Mar 2008 21:27:13< jayansonvv> it's okay for now
12 Mar 2008 21:27:15< Scream> I prefer moveable type
12 Mar 2008 21:27:29< kibble> Markie996, http://wikiangela.com/
12 Mar 2008 21:27:31< jayansonvv> erik and brion are seriously looking at a great new function
12 Mar 2008 21:27:46< kibble> Markie996, hmm, maybe not
12 Mar 2008 21:27:53< jayansonvv> i'm interested in options :)
12 Mar 2008 21:28:03< Scream> Its scalable, and open  source, so if you get a chance folks, http://www.movabletype.org/screenshots/
12 Mar 2008 21:28:07< bastique> I know someone with a wiki style blog
12 Mar 2008 21:28:14< jayansonvv> Anyway, you can all agree I'm sure that having a single point to push our important developments is a good thing
12 Mar 2008 21:28:27< jayansonvv> looks good...
12 Mar 2008 21:28:28< Markie996> my bad
12 Mar 2008 21:28:29< kibble> jayansonvv, is an example of something done before - http://wikimania2006.wikimedia.org/wiki/Blog
12 Mar 2008 21:28:35< Markie996> it was a blog style wiki
12 Mar 2008 21:28:35< Markie996> http://wikiangela.com/wiki/Blogs
12 Mar 2008 21:28:36< kibble> but that's from back in 2006 ;-)
12 Mar 2008 21:28:37< jayansonvv> the thing is, we want it to live inside of the WMF blog
12 Mar 2008 21:28:40< jayansonvv> this is very helpful though
12 Mar 2008 21:28:41< bastique> http://estigmergia.net/
12 Mar 2008 21:29:05< seanw> jayansonvv, yeah :)
12 Mar 2008 21:29:11< jayansonvv> i think we want that sort of thing, but with comments below.
12 Mar 2008 21:29:20< jayansonvv> the idea is to make it very, very friendly for non wiki folks to read about what we're doing
12 Mar 2008 21:29:37< jayansonvv> i'm glad we're capturing this stuff
12 Mar 2008 21:30:07< jayansonvv> but for now we have wordpress :) So can a few people volunteer to dive into it and become geniuses?
12 Mar 2008 21:30:33< seanw> I wouldn't mind writing the odd post.
12 Mar 2008 21:30:39< jayansonvv> I know blogger well (and its big bugs)
12 Mar 2008 21:30:41< seanw> I write for freenode's blog occasionally.
12 Mar 2008 21:30:41< guillom|busy> <jayansonvv> I'm screwing around with word press to see if we can adjust blog.wikimedia.org to look a bit more like the WMF site < have you read my email about this?
12 Mar 2008 21:30:44< jayansonvv> post writing we'll also need help with sometimes
12 Mar 2008 21:30:55< Scream> I can write, I'm putting this out there, there may be a need for moderators to delete posts as well.
12 Mar 2008 21:30:57< jayansonvv> i might not have yet, g - but this is great to hear
12 Mar 2008 21:31:05< jayansonvv> moderators are item # 2
12 Mar 2008 21:31:24< jayansonvv> I need two or three folks who can pre-moderate for the first little while
12 Mar 2008 21:31:32< guillom|busy> jayansonvv, i told you in this email that the german chapter is using wordpress with a mediawiki-like skin : http://www.wikimedia.de
12 Mar 2008 21:31:33< kibble> "pre-moderate"?
12 Mar 2008 21:31:35< Scream> I'm able to do that.
12 Mar 2008 21:31:36< jayansonvv> that is, approve before posted - we might move to post moderation quickly
12 Mar 2008 21:31:39< guillom|busy> and i suggested you asked them for the files
12 Mar 2008 21:32:03-!- HOTR [n=gerald@CPE0018394c4357-CM0012c99eaf62.cpe.net.cable.rogers.com] has joined #wikimedia-cpg
12 Mar 2008 21:32:05< jayansonvv> thank you - that's what I think i'm after
12 Mar 2008 21:32:11< jayansonvv> why don't i have this message? hmm
12 Mar 2008 21:32:21< guillom|busy> i sent it yesterday i think
12 Mar 2008 21:32:27< jayansonvv> oh, found it
12 Mar 2008 21:32:35< jayansonvv> sorry - there's a moderate PR crisis underway as you all know
12 Mar 2008 21:32:42< loco085> bastique, kibble: i must go lunch :)
12 Mar 2008 21:32:45< seanw> "Which one?"
12 Mar 2008 21:32:47< bastique> eat well
12 Mar 2008 21:32:49< jayansonvv> touche
12 Mar 2008 21:32:49 *  HOTR aplogizes for being late
12 Mar 2008 21:32:54< loco085> ty :)
12 Mar 2008 21:32:59< Markie996> seanw: i was about to ask the same :-p
12 Mar 2008 21:33:00< kibble> loco085, :-) bon appetit :-)
12 Mar 2008 21:33:08< guillom|busy> jayansonvv, the sex one or the money one? :D
12 Mar 2008 21:33:13< kibble> heh
12 Mar 2008 21:33:27 *  seanw dusts off his ML folder
12 Mar 2008 21:33:28< jayansonvv> of course i won't be specific about my statement
12 Mar 2008 21:33:32< bastique> Did my photos get out again?
12 Mar 2008 21:33:34< jayansonvv> i am a PR guy afterall :)
12 Mar 2008 21:33:38< loco085> merci.. <- is that thank you in french, no?
12 Mar 2008 21:33:52< guillom|busy> loco085, yes
12 Mar 2008 21:33:56< loco085> oki :)
12 Mar 2008 21:34:04< jayansonvv> i don't want our initial work to be too far reaching, i want to get the blog up and running ASAP
12 Mar 2008 21:34:04< kibble> bastique, :-P
12 Mar 2008 21:34:05< Markie996> bastique: whcih photos?
12 Mar 2008 21:34:15< bastique> Wouldn't you like to know
12 Mar 2008 21:34:16< Mushii> Buen provecho, loco085 :)
12 Mar 2008 21:34:17< kibble> Markie996, he was kidding :-P
12 Mar 2008 21:34:19< Scream> jayansonvv are we able to get into the blog?
12 Mar 2008 21:34:20< kibble> "sex scandal"
12 Mar 2008 21:34:27< Markie996> ahh yeah
12 Mar 2008 21:34:29< kibble> Scream, what do you mean?
12 Mar 2008 21:34:33< Markie996> im tired and busy :-(
12 Mar 2008 21:34:37-!- loco085 is now known as loco085|AFK
12 Mar 2008 21:34:37< jayansonvv> i'll get accounts made shortly
12 Mar 2008 21:34:45< jayansonvv> right now you can see it
12 Mar 2008 21:34:46< Scream> well i think i'd like to change the logo
12 Mar 2008 21:34:50< HOTR> jayansonvv: How will the blog work
12 Mar 2008 21:34:51< HOTR> ?
12 Mar 2008 21:35:02< Scream> generic wikimedia, or something other than fundraising.
12 Mar 2008 21:35:07< jayansonvv> initially I, or other staff, will post to it with fairly specific guidelines
12 Mar 2008 21:35:16 *  bastique is other staff
12 Mar 2008 21:35:17< jayansonvv> yes - we need to remove most of the fundraising bits
12 Mar 2008 21:35:18< kibble> Scream, :-P yep ;-) or community logo
12 Mar 2008 21:35:22< Scream> yup
12 Mar 2008 21:35:24< kibble> like the footer...
12 Mar 2008 21:35:24< Scream> agree
12 Mar 2008 21:35:37< Scream> but jayansonvv...
12 Mar 2008 21:35:44< kibble> but it's not really a community blog, so WMF would be best
12 Mar 2008 21:35:44< jayansonvv> I'd like a gfx format that is more about WMF
12 Mar 2008 21:35:47< Scream> I think the scheme looks fine, perhaps make it more like meta?
12 Mar 2008 21:35:52< seanw> I'm afraid I am going to have to go now; it is late here in the UK.
12 Mar 2008 21:36:02< seanw> I'm sure the meeting can finish itself. bastique please post logs!
12 Mar 2008 21:36:03< jayansonvv> thanks sean - you're good to get us going
12 Mar 2008 21:36:06< Markie996> seanw: dont wimp out :-p
12 Mar 2008 21:36:14< seanw> Markie996, I have a test tomorrow!
12 Mar 2008 21:36:14< Markie996> theres a few more hrs left in me yet :-p
12 Mar 2008 21:36:17< Markie996> ahhh well
12 Mar 2008 21:36:18< jayansonvv> I will likely do a catch-up on list
12 Mar 2008 21:36:21< Scream> jayansonvv we can probably remove that....
12 Mar 2008 21:36:22< Markie996> go to sleep then :-)
12 Mar 2008 21:36:24< kibble> seanw, I have 5 :-P
12 Mar 2008 21:36:24< seanw> jayansonvv, that would help.
12 Mar 2008 21:36:27 *  seanw dissapears
12 Mar 2008 21:36:28< jayansonvv> okay
12 Mar 2008 21:36:29< Scream> blue border
12 Mar 2008 21:36:41 *  brianmc dances
12 Mar 2008 21:36:50< Markie996> on the table?
12 Mar 2008 21:36:51< jayansonvv> mm hmm
12 Mar 2008 21:36:57< brianmc> My Cronkite interview is back on!
12 Mar 2008 21:37:08< kibble> :-)
12 Mar 2008 21:37:21< Markie996> :-)
12 Mar 2008 21:37:31< kibble> jayansonvv, this reminds me, you haven't posted a press release in a while :-P
12 Mar 2008 21:37:35< jayansonvv> scream - why don't you take a look at the Wordpress ins and outs and touch base with me
12 Mar 2008 21:37:46< jayansonvv> no we haven't, and I'm okay with that right now :)
12 Mar 2008 21:37:49< Scream> ok
12 Mar 2008 21:37:54< Scream> tele or email?
12 Mar 2008 21:37:54< jayansonvv> but we will be doing a 10m article piece v. soon
12 Mar 2008 21:38:00< kibble> fun
12 Mar 2008 21:38:09< jayansonvv> kibble - can you help me find a way of making a prominent link on the wmf main page?
12 Mar 2008 21:38:10< bastique> jayansonvv: we missed the 2.5 media mark
12 Mar 2008 21:38:11< Markie996> would that be when we get to 10m then :-p
12 Mar 2008 21:38:15< bastique> er... 2.5 million media
12 Mar 2008 21:38:20< kibble> jayansonvv, prominent link to what?
12 Mar 2008 21:38:50< jayansonvv> to blog.wikimedia.org
12 Mar 2008 21:38:50< jayansonvv> i don't want to do it yet - it's not live
12 Mar 2008 21:38:50< kibble> ahh
12 Mar 2008 21:38:51 *  kibble nods
12 Mar 2008 21:38:56< jayansonvv> guillom might have thoughts ont hat
12 Mar 2008 21:39:40< kibble> jayansonvv, we can just put it by "Latest news" and on "Current events"
12 Mar 2008 21:39:52< kibble> did you want this blog to replace the above pages/sections?
12 Mar 2008 21:40:08< jayansonvv> the blog will be on a totally separate page for the time being
12 Mar 2008 21:40:29< jayansonvv> i'd like a link in the 'about wikimedia' box on the left
12 Mar 2008 21:40:34< kibble> k
12 Mar 2008 21:40:56< kibble> that's easy :-)
12 Mar 2008 21:41:00< Markie996> heh
12 Mar 2008 21:41:11< kibble> now what to name it is harder
12 Mar 2008 21:41:13< jayansonvv> and ideally (don't know how to code) a feed of the last 5 posts from the blog above (permanently) 10 wishes for 2008
12 Mar 2008 21:41:22< kibble> oooh, fun
12 Mar 2008 21:41:28< Markie996> thats more like it :-)
12 Mar 2008 21:41:30< brianmc> toolserver bot
12 Mar 2008 21:41:40< jayansonvv> geek out
12 Mar 2008 21:41:41< Markie996> wikirss feeds extnesion :-)
12 Mar 2008 21:41:46< kibble> brianmc, hmm, could we embed an rss feed?
12 Mar 2008 21:41:48< jayansonvv> that would work for now
12 Mar 2008 21:41:53< kibble> Markie996 that would be best if we could do that
12 Mar 2008 21:41:59< Scream> jayansonvv I poked your pm
12 Mar 2008 21:41:59< kibble> if it would work how we wanted it*
12 Mar 2008 21:42:01< jayansonvv> fyi brion and erik are working on a pure RSS output tool
12 Mar 2008 21:42:05< Markie996> needs an extension, so bit brion
12 Mar 2008 21:42:12< Markie996> *bite
12 Mar 2008 21:42:24 *  kibble needs him to install centralnotice, I can't bite him for that :-P
12 Mar 2008 21:42:29< brianmc> I wouldn't bite brion... he might bite back
12 Mar 2008 21:42:32< Markie996> heheh
12 Mar 2008 21:42:33< jayansonvv> yes, we like brion
12 Mar 2008 21:42:36< kibble> brianmc, :-P
12 Mar 2008 21:42:40< jayansonvv> and we respect his time very much :)
12 Mar 2008 21:42:40< Markie996> kibble: we need to talk @ some point
12 Mar 2008 21:42:45< kibble> brion likes it when I huggle him :-D
12 Mar 2008 21:42:49< kibble> Markie996, what about? now's good
12 Mar 2008 21:43:13< Markie996> wm- various things, main page, cfp distro and scholarships
12 Mar 2008 21:43:16< jayansonvv> okay folks - i have to think about ditching
12 Mar 2008 21:43:25< kibble> jayansonvv, :'(
12 Mar 2008 21:43:32< jayansonvv> i'm going to do a dump to the list - be on it and read if you want to be involved :)
12 Mar 2008 21:43:33< kibble> Markie996, fun stuff ;-)
12 Mar 2008 21:43:36< Markie996> aye
12 Mar 2008 21:43:39< kibble> we might as well do that in #wikimania2008
12 Mar 2008 21:43:47< Markie996> yeah, now or later
12 Mar 2008 21:43:47< jayansonvv> I'll ask those who offered up specific support to contact me and cary together
12 Mar 2008 21:43:50< kibble> jayansonvv, how graphic ofyou
12 Mar 2008 21:43:56< jayansonvv> ew
12 Mar 2008 21:44:03< jayansonvv> so much talk of dumps
12 Mar 2008 21:44:06< kibble> heh
12 Mar 2008 21:44:25< jayansonvv> i'd heart your biggest effort so we can be blogging by the weekend...
12 Mar 2008 21:44:32< kibble> :-)
12 Mar 2008 21:44:35< jayansonvv> it's a hugely important project
12 Mar 2008 21:44:40< Markie996> woahhhhhh, nothing moves that quick :-p
12 Mar 2008 21:44:48< Markie996> we would need stroofwaffels for that :-p
12 Mar 2008 21:44:51< kibble> :-)
12 Mar 2008 21:44:55< jayansonvv> it might ;)
12 Mar 2008 21:44:59-!- CraigSpurrier is now known as CraigSpurrier_aw
12 Mar 2008 21:45:00< guillom|busy> <jayansonvv> guillom might have thoughts ont hat < sorry, thoughts on what? /me was brushing his teeth!
12 Mar 2008 21:45:04 *  kibble wonders if jay knows of stoopwaffels
12 Mar 2008 21:45:06< jayansonvv> thanks everyone for your time - chat on
12 Mar 2008 21:45:07< kibble> guillom|busy, ;-)
12 Mar 2008 21:45:09< brianmc> meh, you need to get with the replacement... Belgian waffles
12 Mar 2008 21:45:19< kibble> jayansonvv, :-)
12 Mar 2008 21:45:25< brianmc> c'ya Jay!
12 Mar 2008 21:45:42< Markie996> cheers jayansonvv
12 Mar 2008 21:45:45< kibble> guillom|busy, we're supposed to find some pretty way of putting links to the blog on http://wikimediafoundation.org/wiki/Home and in the sidebar
12 Mar 2008 21:45:48< jayansonvv> you're all wonderful - lets make some big history
12 Mar 2008 21:45:52< kibble> heh
12 Mar 2008 21:45:57< Markie996> :-)
12 Mar 2008 21:46:34< jayansonvv> thanks all
12 Mar 2008 21:46:48< kibble> good meeeting :-D
12 Mar 2008 21:47:03 *  bastique is reviewing something for Kul
12 Mar 2008 21:47:14< HOTR> Are we having another one of these in a week or two?
12 Mar 2008 21:47:21< bastique> We really should
12 Mar 2008 21:47:22< kibble> bastique, cool
12 Mar 2008 21:47:31 *  guillom|busy is off to bed
12 Mar 2008 21:47:32< jayansonvv> i don't mind meeting on here, but I'm not goign to be avail reg
12 Mar 2008 21:47:36< HOTR> bastique: And we need to revisit the JA stuff :D
12 Mar 2008 21:47:40< jayansonvv> schedule 'em and we'll go for it
12 Mar 2008 21:47:45< brianmc> what's the subscription page for the ComProj mailing list?
12 Mar 2008 21:48:00< guillom|busy> if you guys want to talk about materials / documents / promotion / marketing etc, you know my email ; i'd be glad to help
12 Mar 2008 21:48:01< guillom|busy> seeya
12 Mar 2008 21:48:06-!- guillom|busy [n=guillom@wikimedia/guillom] has quit ["Quitte"]
12 Mar 2008 21:48:28< jayansonvv> it's on the big meta page list
12 Mar 2008 21:48:30< jayansonvv> ciao!
12 Mar 2008 21:48:36-!- jayansonvv [n=jayanson@70.54.234.106] has quit []
12 Mar 2008 21:48:40< HOTR> https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/comproj
12 Mar 2008 21:48:46< kibble> [[listinfo:comproj]]
12 Mar 2008 21:48:47< unilinky> http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/listinfo:comproj
12 Mar 2008 21:49:30< brianmc> thanks, now subscribing
12 Mar 2008 21:49:57< HOTR> Would 1 week or 2 seem to make the most sense?
12 Mar 2008 21:50:03< kibble> 1
12 Mar 2008 21:50:14< kibble> but I probably won't make it in 1 week
12 Mar 2008 21:50:20< HOTR> lol
12 Mar 2008 21:50:40< HOTR> Everyone think we should do another one in a week, then?
12 Mar 2008 21:50:59< brianmc> fine by me, I'll try not to miss the first 20 minutes next time
12 Mar 2008 21:51:14 *  kibble is off
12 Mar 2008 21:51:15< kibble> later
12 Mar 2008 21:51:46-!- kibble [n=kibble@wikimedia/Cbrown1023] has quit ["bye"]
12 Mar 2008 21:51:48< HOTR> Ok, is there any other business?
12 Mar 2008 21:51:58< HOTR> Before everyone vaporizes?
12 Mar 2008 21:51:59< HOTR> :)
12 Mar 2008 21:53:19< Markie996> meh, too late i think
12 Mar 2008 21:53:46-!- Markie996 is now known as Markie996_
12 Mar 2008 21:53:54< HOTR> lol
12 Mar 2008 21:54:00< HOTR> <-- bangs the gavel
12 Mar 2008 21:54:06< HOTR> Who is posting the logs?
12 Mar 2008 21:54:25<  bastique> Martinp23 probably :)
12 Mar 2008 21:54:34< Martinp23> ok :)
12 Mar 2008 21:54:42< HOTR> Cool
12 Mar 2008 21:55:03< HOTR> bastique: Did you have a minute to chat about the JA stuff now?
12 Mar 2008 21:55:09<  HOTR> Martinp23: Please, and thank you.
12 Mar 2008 21:55:21 *  HOTR calls the formal meeting adjourned