Sharing knowledge on Wikimedia communications — Please add!
Interactions with members of the press
- Pitching a story to a reporter
- Having an effective interview with a reporter
- When to contact the press
- Why you might write a press release
- Writing a press release
- Structure of a typical press release from Wikipedia 15
- Press release distribution
Training materials not already included in areas of the press section of this resource center.
- "You talking to me(dia)?" - Wikimedia CEE Meeting 2015 (11 September 2015)
Resources in development
- Volunteers vs. Journalists: Top-of-mind considerations. This Learning Pattern explains the differences between types of media and how to prepare when a journalist reaches out to a community member.