|This page from the Wikimedia Foundation is kept for historical interest. Any plans, policies, projects, or strategies mentioned may be obsolete.|
The Communications Department will be attending Wikimania 2018 to provide capacity building, collect input, increase awareness, and network with community members.
|Ed Erhart||Senior Editorial Associate|
|Aubrie Johnson||Social Media Associate|
|Kui Kinyanjui||Vice President Communications|
|Samantha Lien||Communications Manager||
|Zachary McCune||Senior Global Audiences Manager||
|Gregory Varnum||Communications Strategist|
|Heather Walls||Chief Creative Officer|
With its participation in the conference, the department hopes to achieve these objectives:
- Help community projects expand their communications capacity
- Network with members of the community
- Engage community members in Wikimedia Foundation's communications efforts
- Increase awareness of department activities and efforts to support the community
- Discuss initiatives the department is considering
The Communications Department is planning to meet with a number of community members at Wikimania 2018. If you would like to arrange for a meeting, please post a comment on this talk page, or email communicationswikimedia.org.