Jump to navigation Jump to search
|This page from the Wikimedia Foundation is kept for historical interest. Any plans, policies, projects, or strategies mentioned may be obsolete.|
Want to help translate? Translate the missing messages.
This page outlines the Wikimedia Foundation Communications Department's activities at Wikimania 2018.
The Communications Department will be attending Wikimania 2018 to provide capacity building, collect input, increase awareness, and network with community members.
|Ed Erhart||Senior Editorial Associate|
|Aubrie Johnson||Social Media Associate|
|Kui Kinyanjui||Vice President Communications|
|Samantha Lien||Communications Manager||
|Zachary McCune||Senior Global Audiences Manager||
|Gregory Varnum||Communications Strategist|
|Heather Walls||Chief Creative Officer|
With its participation in the conference, the department hopes to achieve these objectives:
- Help community projects expand their communications capacity
- Network with members of the community
- Engage community members in Wikimedia Foundation's communications efforts
- Increase awareness of department activities and efforts to support the community
- Discuss initiatives the department is considering
The Communications Department is planning to meet with a number of community members at Wikimania 2018. If you would like to arrange for a meeting, please post a comment on this talk page, or email communicationswikimedia.org.