Communications/Wikimedia brands/2030 movement brand project/Timeline/fr
Due to the global situation around COVID-19, timeframes are subject to change.
The Wikimedia Foundation Board of trustees has resolved to pause the Movement Brand Project until March 2021. Read the full resolution on the Wikimedia Foundation Governance Wiki.
Vous trouverez ci-dessous les grandes lignes du processus et du calendrier du Projet de Marque du Mouvement 2030. Il comprend les activités qui se dérouleront à chaque phase. Des détails seront ajoutés à chaque phase au fur et à mesure de l'avancement du processus. It includes activities that will happen at each phase. Details will be added to each phase as the process advances.
800px|thumb|center|Aperçu de la chronologie du projet de marque (mise à jour d'Octobre 2020)
Phase 0: Planning (complété)
Planning the process that is aligned with the set objectives and goals.
- ✓ Summarize findings from the 2030 research and planning community review
- ✓ Make project recommendation to Board of Trustees
- ✓ Invite affiliates and community volunteers to join Brand Network for guiding future brand changes
- ✓ Select project design partner: Snøhetta
- ✓ Develop project process and timeline
- ✓ Invite Brand Network and movement leaders to concepting workshops
Phase 1: Concept Development (completed)
Series of in-person workshops and online activities to generate a unified concept that will guide work throughout the project. Community members develop concepts that represent what the Wikimedia movement means to them. Community members are then invited to give feedback on those concepts. Feedback is used to create one unified concept that captures the most important themes.
- Three concept workshops, with community members from around the world, cohosted with the project design partner, Snøhetta:
- Movement-wide opportunities for input (online activities):
- ✓Concept exercise #1: What does free knowledge mean to you? Participation through Snøhetta's website or on the talk page. Exercise, Report
- ✓ Concept exercise #2: "Who are we?" Which concept(s) best represent the Wikimedia movement? Participation through Snøhetta's website or on the talk page. Exercise, Report
- ✓ Community-run Request for Comments on "Should the Foundation call itself Wikipedia". RfC, Report Resolved: It is not acceptable for the Foundation to call itself Wikipedia.
- ✓ Community discussion of the project on wikimedia-l (thread "Brand Project: Who are we as a movement?")
- ✓ Concept exercise #3: Visualizing interconnection. Participation through Snøhetta's website or on the talk page. Exercise
- ✓Presentation of the unified concept, interconnection, which will be a guiding idea for upcoming work. Video presentation available on Commons and YouTube. Blog post, Report
Phase 2: Naming Convention Proposal
The unified concept is used, along with other concepts and themes identified in feedback throughout the process, to develop naming convention proposals for the movement. The proposals are shared with the communities for feedback. Communities are asked in particular to evaluate the proposals against the Movement Branding Criteria, surfaced in the 2019 community review. One proposal is selected and refined.
- ✓ Discuss naming with the Board of Trustees at their 22 May meeting.
- ✓ Live presentation of naming convention proposals on 16 June. Blog post, Report
- ✓ Office hours: 23 June at 16:30 UTC, 26 June at 0:00 UTC.
- ✓ Movement-wide call for feedback 16 June-7 July. Participation on Meta and through surveys.
- Community-run straw poll on naming issues. Poll
- Board meetings on 24, 28 and 30 September to review renaming work.
- Release raw data from surveys; release report on naming data.
- Executive statement and Board statement released regarding the Brand Project.
- Community open letter on renaming, a request by the community of an immediate pause to renaming activities by the Wikimedia Foundation (signing still possible)
- Board update on next steps released.
- Board update on the Resolution: Pause of Brand Development Work
Phase 3: Design Proposal
To be determined with Board guidance
The refined naming convention proposal is used to develop a design proposal rooted in the unified concept, the research, the movement's 2030 goals and the communities' needs. The proposed brand system–the design proposal together with the refined naming convention proposal–is shared with the communities for feedback, after which it is further refined.
Phase 4: Final refinement and style guides
To be determined with Board guidance
The design elements, assets and tools go through final development and refinement. They are made available for everyone in the movement to view and, if approved, to use.
This phase culminates with the presentation of the full proposal to the Wikimedia Foundation leadership and Board of Trustees.
Post-project: Adopt and advance brand (pending approval from the Board of Trustees and executive leadership)
To be determined with Board guidance (ongoing support provided)
Organizational implementation: adoption by the Foundation with opt-in system for affiliates.