Community Capacity Development/Ukrainian 2016/Archive 1
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Project plan: main project
- Conflicts take too much time and energy from community; Newbies find it hard to integrate because of newbie-biting
- Increase community capacity to manage conflicts
- Key steps
- Understand and baseline community interest in conflict management training Done
- Identify suitable trainer Done
- Conduct pre-training survey In progress...
- Schedule in-person training In progress...
- date Done
- international travel Done
- domestic travel
- logistics (refreshments etc.)
- Hold in-person training with external expert (May 2016)
- Conduct post-training survey (May 2016)
- Conduct follow-up survey 3 months after training (August 2016)
- Evaluate and write final report (September 2016)
- Community survey before and after training, to assess: perceived level of conflict (as perceived by two groups: those participating in frequent conflicts, and those who rarely participate in conflicts), the frequency of certain topics of conflicts, the frequency of certain behaviors (e.g. off-topic abusive behavior).
Project plan: side project
- New contributors retention is low
- Design and conduct an experiment aimed at improving retention
- Key steps
- Brainstorm possible experiments In progress...
- Obtain baseline retention data
- Select experiment; agreed on method and duration
- Obtain community consent for proposed experiment
- Implement experimental change
- Assess experiment results at end of experiment
- Evaluate and write final report