Community Insights/Frequent questions
The Community Insights Survey is conducted annually to help the Wikimedia Foundation learn how to better support you, both on- and off-wiki. For the 2019 survey, we are asking questions to help track our progress toward the Wikimedia Foundation's Medium Term Plan.
We're interested in how we can better support our communities, especially concerning the Wikimedia community's experience with safety and inclusion in online and offline spaces, experience with Wikimedia's technical infrastructure, and resources and support available for project organizers and affiliates. The information gathered in this survey helps the Foundation evaluate and strengthen its programs and strategies.
Some of the questions you might see could be about:
- The online and offline activities you participate (or would like to participate) in.
- Your satisfaction with the technical tools you use.
- Your experience with collaboration, communication, and civil interaction in the movement.
- Your preferences for communicating about movement activities.
- Your awareness of as well as opinions about various Wikimedia programs.
- General demographic information such as where you live or the languages you speak.
The data collected in this survey is used to gather feedback and opinions from communities that can directly affect the work of the Wikimedia Foundation.
For more information, see the Frequently Asked Questions.