- Migrate dead external links to archives (111 support votes) -- notes
- Improved diff compare screen (104) -- notes
- Central global repository for templates, gadgets and Lua modules (87) -- notes
- Cross-wiki watchlist (84) -- notes
- Numerical sorting in categories (84) -- notes
- Allow categories in Commons in all languages (78) -- notes
- Pageview Stats tool (70) -- notes
- Global cross-wiki user talk page (66) -- notes
- Improve the plagiarism detection bot (63) -- notes
- Add a user watchlist (62) -- notes
You can see the whole list with links to all the proposals and Phabricator tickets on this page: Community Wishlist Survey 2015/Results.
The next step is for the team to do a preliminary assessment on the top 10, and start figuring out what's involved. We need to have a clear definition of the problem and proposed solution, and begin to understand the technical, design and community challenges for each one. We'll be talking about the preliminary assessment at the Wikimedia Developer Summit 2016 in the first week of January, and then publish a progress report after the summit.
Some wishes in the top 10 seem relatively straightforward, and we'll be able to dig in and start working on them in the new year. Some wishes are going to need a lot of investigation and discussion with other developers, product teams, designers and community members. There may be some that are just too big or too hard to do at all.
- Support: Overall support for the proposal, including the discussions on the survey page. This will take the neutral and oppose votes into account. Some of these ideas also have a rich history of discussions on-wiki and in bug tickets. For some wishes, we'll need more community discussion to help define the problem and agree on proposed solutions.
- Feasibility: How much work is involved, including existing blockers and dependencies.
- Impact: Evaluating how many projects and contributors will benefit, whether it's a long-lasting solution or a temporary fix, and the improvement in contributors' overall productivity and happiness.
- Risk: Potential drawbacks, conflicts with other developers' work, and negative effects on any group of contributors.
Our plan for 2016 is to complete as many of the top 10 wishes as we can. For the wishes in the top 10 that we can't complete, we're responsible for investigating them fully and reporting back on the analysis.
So there's going to be a series of checkpoints through the year, where we'll present the current status of the top 10 wishes. The first will be at the Wikimedia Developer Summit in the first week of January. We're planning to talk about the preliminary assessment there, and then share it more widely.
If you're eager to follow the whole process as we go along, we'll be documenting and keeping notes in two places:
There were a lot of good and important proposals that didn't happen to get quite as many support votes, and I'm sure everybody has at least one that they were rooting for. Again, the whole list is here: Community Wishlist Survey 2015/Results.
We're going to talk with the other Wikimedia product teams, to see if they can take on some of the ideas the the community has expressed interest in. We're also going to work with the Developer Relations team to see if some of these could be taken on by volunteer developers.
It's also possible that Community Tech could take on a small-scale, well-defined proposal below the top 10, if it doesn't interfere with our commitments to the top 10 wishes.
For everybody who proposed, endorsed, discussed, debated and voted in the survey, as well as everyone who said nice things to us recently: thank you very much for coming out and supporting live feature development. We're excited about the work ahead of us.
你可以看 Community Tech/News 来获取更多的技术社区的公告！
You can see all of the survey proposals and discussions on the following pages:
- 机器人和小工具 (4个提案)
- 分类 (7个提案)
- 共享资源 (6个提案)
- 编辑 (15个提案)
- 杂项 (17个提案)
- 管制和管理工具 (13个提案)
- 多媒体 (5个提案)
- 通知 (4个提案)
- 阅读 (4个提案)
- 搜索 (5个提案)
- 特殊页面 (2个提案)
- 讨论页 (3个提案)
- 模板 (3个提案)
- 监视列表 (7个提案)
- 维基数据 (7个提案)
- 维基文库 (6个提案)
- 维基学院 (1个提案)