Community Wishlist Survey 2017/Miscellaneous/Filter user contribution page by number of bytes changed
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Problem: It is difficult to identify "major" contributions of an editor, particularly if they are prolific editors and their edit history spans years and thousands of edits.
- Who would benefit: Admins and editors reviewing user's contributions.
- Proposed solution: Add a filter on user contribution pages to filter by the changes by number of bytes added/deleted. That way, for example, one could get a listing of user's contributions to the main space where they added more that 500 bytes.
- More comments:
- Phabricator tickets:
- Translations: none yet
- I wouldn’t say that this would be a particular benefit, profanity is usually added in smaller edits, and page blankings are already caught by various abuse filters. How would this benefit people more? --Donald Trung (Talk 🤳🏻) (My global lock 😒🌏🔒) (My global unlock 😄🌏🔓) 12:56, 10 November 2017 (UTC)
- My tool mw:User:PerfektesChaos/js/resultListSort already offers sorting by page name/title of contributions.
- As soon I find time I will extend this to sort contribution page alternatively back by date-time, by size, by summary.
- Sorting is nearly the same as filtering but leaves the smaller number below. The page will be kept locally, but changes entry order as often as desired.
- Note that this would work on existing result, not retrieving results from the server matching a condition.
- There is already a filtering form, by namespace, by date, by minor, by current, by new accounts, by page creation. That might be extended by min/max size.
- This is less useful, adding an infobox will bring a big change, and make translate or refine may be small or even reduced bytes. Period and sorting may be useful.--YFdyh000 (talk) 15:13, 28 November 2017 (UTC)
- Support Dvorapa (talk) 09:23, 28 November 2017 (UTC)
- Support --Liuxinyu970226 (talk) 13:12, 28 November 2017 (UTC)
- Support — Draceane talkcontrib. 18:20, 28 November 2017 (UTC)
- Support Thomas Obermair 4 (talk) 21:58, 28 November 2017 (UTC)
- Support —J947 02:02, 2 December 2017 (UTC)
- Support ديفيد عادل وهبة خليل 2 (talk) 14:56, 2 December 2017 (UTC)
- Support Termininja (talk) 17:40, 2 December 2017 (UTC)
- Support And reuse the filter on other changes lists. Matěj Suchánek (talk) 10:34, 3 December 2017 (UTC)
- Support enL3X1 ¡‹delayed reaction›¡ 16:37, 3 December 2017 (UTC)
- Support NaBUru38 (talk) 22:40, 9 December 2017 (UTC)
- Support Le Loy 22:03, 10 December 2017 (UTC)