Community Wishlist Survey 2017/Miscellaneous/Move orphaned revisions to the archive table
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Problem: Previously, from 2013 to 2016, when moving a page over a redirect, the redirect is left behind as an orphaned revision in the revision table. Nowadays (T106119), a deletion log entry is generated and the redirect goes in the archive table. However, even after that was resolved, there are still lots of orphaned revisions left behind.
- Who would benefit: Users who do not want to see the orphaned revisions showing up when viewing the contribs in the mobile interface (see T151124).
- Proposed solution: Move all the orphaned revisions to the archive table to match the current behavior. The ar_namespace and ar_title fields should only be approximations, as it might be the case that the same page title has been moved over more than one redirect title.
- More comments:
- Phabricator tickets: T164891
- Translations: none yet
- Support Jenks24 (talk) 09:35, 28 November 2017 (UTC)
- Support --Liuxinyu970226 (talk) 13:11, 28 November 2017 (UTC)
- Support Thomas Obermair 4 (talk) 22:03, 28 November 2017 (UTC)
- Oppose because the long term best option is to not have the archive/revision split at all (cf: T57398, T30124, probably others). Additionally, this is not really a project for a team of folks to work on, moreso a request in Phabricator for some one-off maintenance to be done. 😂 (talk) 01:36, 2 December 2017 (UTC)
- Support Ciao • Bestoernesto • ✉ 01:28, 4 December 2017 (UTC)